Calling all admins!

adenoadeno Guardian
edited 9:58PM in Administrator
Staff restructureI need opinions, comments on fixing our currently broken and chaotic staff hierarchy...

Proposed hierarchy changes:
[codebox]
Administrators
\_ Super Admin group (name color red)
\_ Full access to all forum/gallery/server locations

Moderators
\_ Global Moderators group (name color blue)
\_ Moderation powers in ALL forums
\_ Designated with "Global Moderator" title
\_ Complete access into interim Staff forum as well as full Staff forum
\_ Forum-specific Moderators group (name color blue)
\_ Moderation powers in designated forums only
\_ Designated with "Moderator" title
\_ Access only into the interim level Staff forum

Graphic Artists
\_ Forum-specific Moderators group (name color dark pink)
\_ Moderation powers specific to graphics-related forums
\_ Designated with "Graphic Artist" title

Content Providers
\_ Forum-specific Moderators group (name color purple)
\_ Moderation powers specific to news/events sections, multimedia sections (photo sharing, videos, etc)
\_ Designated with "Content Provider" title

======================

Staff forum
\_ Interim Level
\_ Open to all members who are considered "staff"
\_ Purpose: discussion of site related issues, such as design, layouts, improvements, etc
\_ Full Level
\_ Open to Global Moderators and Administrators only - special cases can be agreed upon by admins and global mods
\_ Purpose: discuss deeper issues within the site, such as problems between staff members, promotions/demotions/removals/additions to staff
[/codebox]

Comments/suggestions please?

Comments

• ChairCChairC Bungi Fanatic
    edited 9:58PM
    Ton, have been following maricris post - sorry if i have not been of help - but it just reveals their true colors and their being "title conscious" - i dont see any reason for keeping them as moderators; firstly because they create a lot of animosity in the forum for being fsg/feeling exclusive - their h"ow it all started" thread confirms this superiority complex; di na sila magiging effective na icarry out yung role na yun - - damage has been done - - they can contribute as long as they want, in any case they refer to themselves as FSG /Popsters - all the materials they share are marked accordingly - -

kung anong heirarchy gawin mo ok sa akin - in fact i propose to promote beng as administrator- dahil siya ay fair/unbiased and very helpful across the board

ang naging prob lang natin, even cp's may access sa staff section - CP's dont generally get invovled in moderating right?

can we also come up with the list of moderators & cp's ? so we can start reorganizing and defining the appropriate job description for each ... thanks ton!
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    edited September 2008
    Don't mind about the Maricris posts, as they do not worry me one bit, and actually I'm quite amused as the more she posts, the more they open up to their true colors. I will humor her as much as she would like. I would recommend that no one else reply but me on that thread.

I have asked ate beng (sarah_geronimitis_patient) many times about becoming admin, and she always refuses, and prefers to stay as a global moderator instead. I believe kuya Dan has offered her adminship before as well with the same results.

Mareng Elsie would like to nominate a new moderator, kendahl, and asked me to consider it with the rest of you. Thoughts and comments on that?

Content Providers, Graphic Artists, & misc. Moderators should be involved with certain aspects of the site as well, as they are still considered staff. This is why I proposed two levels of the staff forum.

Here are the lists of Moderators and Content Providers:

Legend: INACTV = has not logged in the past 30 days, ACTIVE = has logged in the past 30 days

Status - Last login - Moderator Name
    ACTIVE - 28Sep08 - ate G
    INACTV - 16Aug08 - Baby Nique
    INACTV - 18Jul08 - Cheyanne
    ACTIVE - 28Sep08 - Maricris
    ACTIVE - 28Sep08 - msdimagiba
    ACTIVE - 28Sep08 - msindependent
    ACTIVE - 10Sep08 - MsJeRaMy
    ACTIVE - 26Sep08 - outrigger
    ACTIVE - 28Sep08 - sarah_geronimitis_patient

Status - Last login - Content Provider Name
    ACTIVE - 28Sep08 - alamatpaul
    ACTIVE - 28Sep08 - AshYeLLow
    ACTIVE - 04Sep08 - capriangel
    INACTV - 02Jan08 - DJ
    INACTV - 24Jul07 - FiLiPiNaY
    INACTV - 16Dec07 - jotg
    ACTIVE - 24Sep08 - leng
    INACTV - 03Feb08 - Manly
    ACTIVE - 28Sep08 - mariam
    ACTIVE - 26Sep08 - mp3
    ACTIVE - 28Sep08 - pnoi_integra
  • lovejoylovejoy Popster
    sa akin po, okay lang din kung anong heirarchy..

and i second the motion.. ate beng for administrator!! thumb.gif

and oh, i forgot, just to let you know po na i hid the "Share Music" forum.. marami rin po kasi ang nagsshare ng mga OPM mp3s.. No To Piracy! let it start in sg.com..

how about the videos, may Videos II, ano po yung Videos I?
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    lovejoy wrote on Sep 29 2008, 09:41 PM:

and i second the motion.. ate beng for administrator!! thumb.gif alt=':thumb:' ]

and oh, i forgot, just to let you know po na i hid the "Share Music" forum.. marami rin po kasi ang nagsshare ng mga OPM mp3s.. No To Piracy! let it start in sg.com..

I wonder if we can get a consensus for ate beng's adminship para papayag na cya to become admin... lol... she's the only one who doesn't want to become admin, while just about all of us admins are rooting for her to become one. It's still her choice naman either way [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif Was this the Sound Share forum or something that you hid? I haven't noticed... I've been busy with the staff forum as you can see[/img]belat.jpg

I never knew the story about Videos II and whatever happened to Videos I... must've been a long time ago.
  • edited September 2008
    adeno wrote on Sep 29 2008, 11:20 PM:
    lovejoy wrote on Sep 29 2008, 09:41 PM:

and i second the motion.. ate beng for administrator!! thumb.gif alt=':thumb:' ]

I wonder if we can get a consensus for ate beng's adminship para papayag na cya to become admin... lol... she's the only one who doesn't want to become admin, while just about all of us admins are rooting for her to become one. It's still her choice naman either way [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif Was this the Sound Share forum or something that you hid? I haven't noticed... I've been busy with the staff forum as you can see[/img]belat.jpg

I never knew the story about Videos II and whatever happened to Videos I... must've been a long time ago.

From what I remembered, Kuya Dan closed Videos I because the video files were hosted on the site and it's eating up the bandwidth. Videos II was created after that and we started to use file hosting sites to distribute SG related videos.