Which operating system is better?

edited 11:53AM in World of PCs
Vista, XP, windows 7 , etc...i just wanna knoe which operating system is better especially if ur dealing with small and large businesses...

coz i need it for my assignment... we need to make up a networking system for a company... and im kind of stucked...

and plus... anu pow bang brand ng PC/Laptop ang maganda?? dey said its dell.. but not dat xure... Asus id gud din daw...

Comments

• edited February 2009
    will try to evaluate the OS's i mostly know.
    Windows has been famous because it's user-friendly - easy to use kaya eto ang madalas gamit ng not too techy users. [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif MacOS is most on GUI(Graphic User Interface). and OpenSource OS naman is widely use for executing inside programs, hacking maybe. stick na lang wa WinXP kung begginers and besides,[/img]user-friendly nga siya. [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif alam ko magandang brand ng LT ay vaio - meron nito si Miggy, Laida at Direk. lol P.S. pa pala. WinVista, WinXP, Win98, WinMe are all of Windows OS's.[/img]
  • edited 11:53AM
    yes i've heard of vaio... spoton.gif

tnx pow sa reply kuya...

hirap kze nitong assignment ko weh... pag may tym i-post ko na rin baka may idea kau... hehe
    DAANIN MO NALANG YAN SA TECHNIQUE.HEHEEH.
    windows xp - currently the most stable (i think)
    vista - andameng bugs, madameng di compatible na programs kahit may SP1 na (minimum requirement is 1GB Ram sa hardware)
    windows 7 - magiging kapalit ata ng vista pero beta version plang sya

windows - user friendly

mac os x - ok sa graphics, stylish, less prone sa virus, may konting kaibahan din sa mga keyboard shortcuts

linux - Libre, open source, di pa ganong user friendly, pero maganda performance., madalas gamitin sa mga servers i think, di rin ganong prone sa virus

magandang brand ng pc... lenovo ata or dell
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    edited 11:53AM
    Which is "better" really depends on your applications. If you're just using simple software that runs commonly on most versions of Windows and have a small business, Windows 2000/XP/Vista will do just fine.

Bigger corporations will want something like Windows NT/Server which is best suited for 100s to 1000s of users.

As for "flavor" of operating systems, each has its drawbacks and advantages.

Windows - currently the most widely known and has most applications suited for it, all-around operating system. With the arrival of XP, Windows became a highly stable OS unlike its predecessor Windows ME.
    Linux/Unix - the esoteric "programmer's" or "hacker's" operating system, best used for running web servers and other things which require high stability. Doesn't have as many programs as windows, but being open source, most of the apps are free. Flavors like Ubuntu make the user interface similar to Windows.
    Mac OS X - based off of Unix, it's like a cross of Windows and Unix together. Industry standard for graphics and multimedia (such as creating videos and music)

No one operating system is really better. The important thing is which one suits your needs best. smile.gif
    na-se-sales talk na naman ako ng Mac. hehehe! tongue.gif alt=':p' ]

Vaio is under Sony, i believe.

for laptop brands, i drool over IBM ThinkPads. biggrin.gif alt=':D' ]
    Lenovo is now under IBM na di ba?
    Dell, decent, but so-so... so expensive for the specs. laugh.gif
    HP, Toshiba, Sony... decent and hip-looking.
    Compaq and Acer, affordable and ok for everyday use.

minsan depende rin sa model. high-end Dells and HPs are comparable to ThinkPads. *biased, haha!*

notice i didn't mention Macs. kuya ton, be our guest. hehehe!
    wow... dami nmng nagreply... tnx so much pow... [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif cguro i'll use XP... peo bot xure pa... tpos baka Dell na rin gmitin ko...[/img]
    sarah_geronimitis_patient wrote on Feb 13 2009, 08:11 PM:
    na-se-sales talk na naman ako ng Mac. hehehe! tongue.gif alt=':p' ]

Dell, decent, but so-so... so expensive for the specs. laugh.gif

minsan depende rin sa model. high-end Dells and HPs are comparable to ThinkPads. *biased, haha!*

just remember

mac is for artist
    linux is for programmer / hacker and hacker wanna be
    windows is for... you ^^, average
    WINDOWS "XP" ANG D'BEST AT SWAK NA GAMITIN....................HAHAHHAHAH
  • edited February 2009
    hi guys...

ung assignment ko pow naka-attached... hope sumone will read it and give me some ideas or advice...

ideas lng nmn pow... hehe

↓↓ heres the attachment ↓↓
    tapos na pala assignment ko... okei nmn nakaA ako... tnx sa mga naghelp sakin...
    best OS? hmm..

for me, WINDOWS 7.. haha!

beta beta pa lang ang nirelease pero may mga nakita na akong reviews at previews, sabi nila, 20% more faster than Vista.
    Adeno has said it right....what suits one's need is right...

Based on experience now, according to our IT's here, WINDOWS 7 'tho in its beta stage is okay. Much better than Vista...
    trying ubuntu right now and for my old os is xp and z0r-iATKOS_5i now trying the triple booth
    adeno wrote on Feb 13 2009, 08:33 AM:
    Which is "better" really depends on your applications. If you're just using simple software that runs commonly on most versions of Windows and have a small business, Windows 2000/XP/Vista will do just fine.

Bigger corporations will want something like Windows NT/Server which is best suited for 100s to 1000s of users.

As for "flavor" of operating systems, each has its drawbacks and advantages.

Windows - currently the most widely known and has most applications suited for it, all-around operating system. With the arrival of XP, Windows became a highly stable OS unlike its predecessor Windows ME.
    Linux/Unix - the esoteric "programmer's" or "hacker's" operating system, best used for running web servers and other things which require high stability. Doesn't have as many programs as windows, but being open source, most of the apps are free. Flavors like Ubuntu make the user interface similar to Windows.
    Mac OS X - based off of Unix, it's like a cross of Windows and Unix together. Industry standard for graphics and multimedia (such as creating videos and music)

No one operating system is really better. The important thing is which one suits your needs best. smile.gif

Well, adeno pretty much said it all, especially the last part. I think it is really more about personal preference. In regards to OS, I'm more partial to WinXP. Vista is more of a resource hog and Microsoft really didn't launch it well. There was so much software/hardware that wasn't compatible with it at launch time. That put a bad taste in my mouth. I decided to stick it out with XP until something "better" comes along. I haven't really played with Win7 yet, so I'll hold my judgement.

From personal experience, I really wouldn't recommend Sony's VAIO. I've seen quite a few with hardware/software issues. I've had more luck with Toshiba and Dell notebooks.
    For me, VIsta...

I admire its graphics, specially the AERO effect... and its security feature.. Unlike win98 , winxp, it can be easily bypass passwords on booting up the PC....
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    edited August 2009
    I've been trying Windows 7 and it's amazing... feels like an advanced XP with the graphical beauty of Vista. Those are just initial thoughts. smile.gif
    sarah_geronimitis_patient wrote on Feb 14 2009, 04:11 AM:
    na-se-sales talk na naman ako ng Mac. hehehe! tongue.gif

Dell, decent, but so-so... so expensive for the specs. laugh.gif alt=':lol:' ]

adeno wrote on Aug 21 2009, 02:39 AM:
    I've been trying Windows 7 and it's amazing... feels like an advanced XP with the graphical beauty of Vista. Those are just initial thoughts. smile.gif

hello guys wave).gif alt=':wave:' ]

i need help...i'm planning to buy a new laptop tongue.gif jurassic na kasi ang dell ko and madami ng sakit at sirain na pati. [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif can anyone advice me kung ano ang pinaka-okay na model ng laptop? i would want to try an HP brand, ayoko na ng Dell, mahal ang parts at ang hirap pati magorder. i like to try HP, Windows 7, and hindi ko alam kung ano ano pa ang dapat na specs na kunin like the RAM, processor etc...budget is around 500-700USD[/img][img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif mahirap ako at madaming gastos kaya till ganyan lang ang range na carry ko[/img]tongue.gif

i spent around 960USD with my DELL laptop, and parang hindi naman worth or probably nasa user lang ang problema smilewinkgrin.gif alt='=D' ] and i dont want to spend so much money anymore para lang sa isang laptop...pang-home use lang, usually pictures, vids, MSoffice, internet lang naman ang ginagawa ko, so baka anybody can help me with these info. Im just too ignorant about the specs, that's why i need help from the geeks tongue.gif

salamat sa sasagot smile.gif
    never mind guys, i just bought my laptop today [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif thank you![/img]biggrin.gif
    windows 7 din gamit ko...mas mabilis sa vista weee