Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:25 PM

Rachelle = better pitch and has a crystal clear voice
Sarah = better tone and has a great stage presence

#14 JBlight

JBlight

Hall of Famer

• 14,699 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:12 PM

It is so increadible when she does the birit parts though bridget. You can feel the outpouring of emotions every time she does that. Still, I agree with your assessment. The more birit songs she does, the more it will strain her vocals. I hope she does sing more emotional songs like you said but less birit so that she has time to rest her voice. Another emotional song that I love that Sarah sang was Narito. There's something else about Rachelle's voice berto. Rachelle's voice all but disappears when she has to do the low notes. That is something she has to work on. In terms of being crystal clear, in my opinions, Sarah's voice is just as clear when she has had time to rest. The only time when it doesn't sound clear, which is rare, is when she runs out of breath, probably due to being tired, while she is singing. Finally, I totally agree with you again bridget about the fact that there shouldn't be an issue between Rachelle and Sarah. They are both doing extremely well and have many supporters. Plus, we know who is the best so we don't have to listen to those dumb journalists who try to say otherwise.

#15 lhea_gomez

lhea_gomez

Platinum

• Pip
  • 394 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:59 PM

Kumakanta sa harap ng electric fan
PARINIG NGA! Ni Lanie M. Sapitanan
Pilipino STAR Ngayon 07/13/2004

Marami nang nagsul[A REALLY BAD WORD]ng mga baguhang magagaling na singer ngayon na gustong sundan ang yapak ni Regine Velasquez. Pero wala nang duda na ang kampeon ding si Sarah Geronimo na ang susunod sa trono ng songbird.

Ebidensiya na rito ang mabilis na pagsikat nito sa larangan ng musika. Lahat ng show ni Sarah ay talagang dinudumog lalo na ang katatapos na Night of the Champions. Kahit magagaling ang mga kasama nito ay angat pa rin ang kahusayan ni Sarah sa pag-awit.

At sa gitna ng malalang problema ng piracy ay nakakuha pa ng quadruple platinum ang album ni Sarah na "PopStar... A Dream Come True". Ibig sabihin ay bumenta ito ng mahigit sa 120,000 copies. Ang album ay naglalaman ng super hit songs na "To Love You More" (na siyang winning piece nito sa Star For A Night), "Forever’s Not Enough," "Broken Vow", "Twin Hearts," "Paano Kita Mapapasalamatan," (theme song ng Filipinas), "Sa Iyo," at ang latest single na "If Only" na pinrodyus at sinulat ni Ogie Alcasid.

hindi nyo ba nabasa dati yan ang totoo marami ang nagsasabi...

#16 JBlight

JBlight

Hall of Famer

• 14,699 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:33 PM

I love seeing articles like that ihea, but for every article like that one, there are several more saying bad things about Sarah which I hate. Hopefully, the Sarah bashing will stop. Until it does stop though, as a big fan of hers, I'm always going to try to come to her defense. Although it doesn't need to be defended that Sarah is the best since we know its true, I'm not going to keep quiet while other people like that one journalist Isiah Red keep saying bad things about her.

#17 ashereigne

ashereigne

Certified Popster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 01:51 AM

narinig ko lang po na masama yata ang pakiramdam ni sarah nung mismong concert kaya nga lagi siya humihingi ng tubig at syempre kasama na rin ang pagod nya sa iba pa nyang ginagawa kaya dapat maintindihan na ng iba yun. pero kahit naman masama ang pakiramadam niya kanya pa rin ang pinaka magandang performance sa lahat..

#18 bridget

bridget

Gold

• 191 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:55 AM

Yes, she was constantly asking for water. Naawa nga ako sa kanya. But she was pretty funny too when she asked for a drink. :)

Plus, she had the most song numbers among the three champions. Kaya talagang hindi nakakagulat if she was somewhat weaker by the end.

It was still a great show though. No doubt, Sarah was the bona fide STAR that night. Grabe. Sa kanya ang pinakamalakas na applause. Opening number pa lang, grabe na ang palakpak for her.

And the best thing about Sarah, her fanbase is not only from the upper class or masa. AB class up to upper CD ang kanyang fanbase. As in good mix of all sections of society ang audience that night and most of them cheered loudly for her. You have matronas, dads and, trendy teeners and little kids as her fans. Grabeh.

The last artist I saw who had that kind of mixed adoring fanbase was Sharon Cuneta.

#19 blink

blink

Platinum

• Pip
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:04 PM

welcome bridget! I fully agree with your assessment regarding Sarah and Filipinos' love of "birit-singing"!! BY the way, were we born with the same audio faculties and sensibilities?? LOL

"Sakit na ng mga pinoy singers ang puro na lang biritan, pero walang emotion sa pagkanta. So far, Sarah is one of the few pinoy singers who can grip your heart while she sings. Other singers are pleasant to listen to, but somehow forgettable EXACTLY!!

"While i have no doubt Sarah is one of our best belters, I think it's also good that she stay away from songs with "birit" sections. Truth be told, hindi naman sukatan ng magaling kumanta ang pagbibirit. Nakakabilib nga pakinggan, pero kung hindi naman bagay or feel ang song, parang exhibition lang ang dating ng birit" You hit the nail right in the head girl!! It just behooves me why Filipinos 'measure' a singer's capability by how high the note they can hit even if their singing dynamics are soo-soo?!?!proof? just watch an episode of SIAM :p

"Sarah's strength in singing lies in her ability to infuse a lot of emotion and meaning to a song. This is why she is able to pull off songs like "if A Ain't got you" by Alicia Keys. Even if that song was full of angst, Sarah was able to deliver the song effectively. It's not really a birit song, but my god, that song is really difficult to sing. But Sarah made it look so easy. For me, that was her best number in NOTC, and not the birit songs with the other champions which was more of vocal calisthenics than actual singing". [b]If she does not sing this song come Chicago concert, i will really, really be disappointed...nah, maybe a tad> it's great to read from viewers who have actually heard Sarah sing it. MHO, it takes a lot of skills to do this without resorting to screaming your tonsils out

#20 JBlight

JBlight

Hall of Famer

• 14,699 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:44 PM

Yeah bridget, Sarah has a fanbase that transcends all age groups. One of the kids on SCQ, Sharlene I believe, said that Sarah was her idol. Also, Raphael from Marina was at Sarah Aliw theater concert. So from adults to little kids, everyone can appreciate Sarah's music.

#21 AshYeLLow

AshYeLLow

Popster

• Content Provider
  • 12,890 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:39 AM

why not...she's adorable nmn tlga eh...it's already proven di bah, hayaan na lang natin yung iba na hindi siya na-appreciate at this point of her career,basta tayo FOREVER SARAH...right guys?!

#22 msindependent

msindependent

Popster

• 12,108 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:49 AM

ditto!! :D

#23 JBlight

JBlight

Hall of Famer

• 14,699 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:19 AM

Totally AshYeLLow. Forever Sarah indeed.

#24 berto

berto

6X Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:54 PM

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users