• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#25 bridget

bridget

Gold

• 191 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 11:42 PM

Hi blink! :D

hehe, I guess we're both tired of the birit exhibition styles of so-called singers. I agree with your observation in SIAM. May iba talaga pinipilit na bumirit kahit hindi na kaya or bagay sa song. It's especially painful to listen to when they stop and take a deep breath before they plunge into the birit section. Birits are impressive when the singing flows easily to the high notes (the way soulful black divas do it), and not when it sounds like they're out to do a frigging olympic high-dive. I almost expect one of them to burst out of their clothes from all the birits and masakit na sa tenga minsan.

All we have to do is look at the recent American Idol competition to see that it's not always about birits. Diana DeGarmo, classic Birit diva, lost to Fantasia Barrino. Fantasia can also do birits but not in the clean or classic sense the way Diana does. Pero still, Fantasia's voice is more impressive and unforgettable 'coz of her unique tone and when she sings...grabe...emote na emote talaga. I loved her version of "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life." It's not a birit song, but I doubt if Diana could have pulled off that song the way Fantasia did.

Nowadays, there are so many birit-babies na you have to find something from their voice to make them stand-out or special.

Jblight...ur right. minsan nga nawawala ang voice ni Rachelle sa low notes. I heard her kanina in ASAP Fanatic singing "If A Ain't Got You" of Alicia Keys. I couldn't help but compare it to Sarah's impressive rendition. The song starts out really low so Rachelle was kinda garbled in that portion. Bumawi siya sa pataas na sections, but then I also noticed that medyo numinipis ang voice niya when it gets pretty high. Atsaka yun nga, kulang sa angst. Sarah's voice, in comparison, was full of emotion when she sang that song.

#26 JBlight

JBlight

Hall of Famer

• 14,699 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:21 AM

Sheesh, why are they making Rachelle sing all of the songs Sarah sings before Sarah sings them on ASAP. Nakakainis naman. I totally agree with you about birit bridget. It is so bad when it isn't done at the right part of a song. I mean, look at Sheryn. Every song is a birit song to her. I used to think SIAM shafted her out of the championship, but ever since I have seen her sing on ASAP, Eric is definitely more deserving.

#27 msindependent

msindependent

Popster

• 12,108 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:12 AM

ummm...you guys are right about your observations...ewan ko ba...

I have this expectation since they have been talking baout rachelle's albumna it would be so great...pero I was kind of disappointed kanina sa ASAP..her performance was good..oo..pero di mo maiwasan na i-compare sya ke sarah...ibang iba...angst...yun talaga ang kulang ke rachelle..

ever since Sarah came into the picture...naging batayan na sya of what a singer should be..before if I can take lipsynch..now Id rather turn off the TV..before..I consider a singer a good singer if she can handle birit songs...but now it's not like that anymore...a singer has to have versatility...if she or he have that..then he or she is definitely a good singer..

#28 berto

berto

6X Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 07:38 AM

mganda mag pakita ng emotion si sarah... :D

u cansee it clearly in her eyes.. kya laging nakakaclose up sa face nya...:D

lyk the 'to love you more' SFAN Grandfinals... during the "i will make you see, all the things that your heart needs to know"... very expressive ang face nya.. :)

at kanina sa SM ung fist nya laging nag le left hook

#29 JBlight

JBlight

Hall of Famer

• 14,699 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:06 AM

I love that SFAN grandfinals performance berto. I mean, it started off all quaint with her wearing the scarf. Then, the emotion started pouring out. By the end of the song, she had lost the scarf and she built up to such a great ending. She is such an amazing performer.

lol berto. Sana walang na saktan.

#30 berto

berto

6X Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:14 AM

wala naman po :D...

#31 Lester

Lester

Quadruple Platinum

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:24 AM

sa totoo lang both rachelle and sarah has problems with low notes but it's that bad naman nareremdyohan pa, di nyo lang siguro nakikita yung kay sarah

remember when sarah sang forevers not enough in sharon in low notes.. out of tune na

#32 berto

berto

6X Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:32 AM

ung sooper flat? :D ung si sheryn "ate regz" ogie christian mark n sarah?

hmmmmmmmm...iba po atang episode un... pero ung sa episode na ito (w/ martin nd sharon)..di kaayaaya ung ultra low notes nya, mas ok ung kay sheryn

Edited by berto, 01 August 2004 - 10:41 AM.

#33 JBlight

JBlight

Hall of Famer

• 14,699 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:45 AM

It's not as if "Forever's not Enough" was meant to be sang in low notes anyway. Also, she went to the lowest note and she stayed in that note. Sheryn on the other hand did not do the lowest note. I mean, Sarah sounded like a guy at times. That's how low she went. All I know is that her voice doesn't disappear when she does the low notes.

#34 blink

blink

Platinum

• Pip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:36 PM

bridget says:
"hehe, I guess we're both tired of the birit exhibition styles of so-called singers. I agree with your observation in SIAM. May iba talaga pinipilit na bumirit kahit hindi na kaya or bagay sa song. It's especially painful to listen to when they stop and take a deep breath before they plunge into the birit section. Birits are impressive when the singing flows easily to the high notes (the way soulful black divas do it), and not when it sounds like they're out to do a frigging olympic high-dive. I almost expect one of them to burst out of their clothes from all the birits..."

:lol1 too, too funny!!! you should be a writer for one of them music mags LOL

#35 blink

blink

Platinum

• Pip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:40 PM

It's not as if "Forever's not Enough" was meant to be sang in low notes anyway.  Also, she went to the lowest note and she stayed in that note.  Sheryn on the other hand did not do the lowest note.  I mean, Sarah sounded like a guy at times.  That's how low she went.  All I know is that her voice doesn't disappear when she does the low notes.

JBlight, i saw this episode..yep, me thinks Sheryn ws "wise" in staying with her 'comfortable' lownote that's why she was able to sing that song whereas Sarah really went 'too low'>...dinibdib ata yung rule ng game

#36 JBlight

JBlight

Hall of Famer

• 14,699 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:21 PM

lol blink. Atleast she stuck to the rules right. I mean, she went as low as she possibly could. It was actually pretty good in my book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users