Should I Switch to Mac?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#13 sarah_geronimitis_patient

sarah_geronimitis_patient

Sarahddict

• 9,410 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:16 AM

hmm, i don't remember Apple sales pag thanksgiving. well, even if mag-sale man sila, parang retail price pa rin ng mga PCs eh. hehe! :p
goodluck kristia! :)

#14 dsrevo79

dsrevo79

Champion

• 116 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

Like they said, owning a mac means u dont have to worry about virus, too much bugs, patches(most mac update is for security reasons not bugs), and buying extra software because it is bundled with ilife which contains photo app, video app, etc..

but If you really into state of the art videogames(gears of war), you better stick to PC. :45sgWohoo:

#15 Aonex

Aonex

Champion

• 96 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:43 AM

Nakuha mo na ba yung Mac? Mac owner din ako... at talagang madaling gamitin yon... wala pang virus.

#16 lovel

lovel

11X Platinum

• 3,598 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:47 AM

first is if you want a graphics proffesion or just like to create and design its good to use it mac for graphics ^^,

#17 Taski

Taski

Quadruple Platinum

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:09 AM

The Mac system is good. better than Windows. kaya nga yung Vista parang ginawang kamuka ng Mac sa graphic effects pero di parin stable ang Vista kailangan mo ng minimum na 1GB na RAM to run Vista, so XP parin ang stable. siguro pag service pack 4 na ang vista dun na sya stable. Minimum lang yung 1GB memory na yon. Syempre 1GB is not enough when you run applications that needs a lot of memory. Madali din matutunan ang operating system ng Mac although parang kabaligtaran sya ng windows sa interface nya.. and the latest release which is OSX 10.5 has a lot of new features. Wala pang virus. Some applications na nagagamit sa windows pwede rin namang magamit sa Mac. saka yung iba pwede namang gamitan ng 3rd party software para mag run sa Mac.,

#18 nerisarah

nerisarah

Gold

• 180 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

I use my mac to surf the internet and to work on graphics, pictures and songs. It's great, no virus, minimal pop ups and stuff - the only disadvantage that I have found is that most applications available today are compatible with Windows based computers only, some stores don't even carry a single software application for sale. Although this is gradually changing with its increasing popularity. In any case, I love my MAC.

#19 tinarast

tinarast

Gold

• 205 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:51 PM

My opinion Mac is cute and advance with the design but if something happen to it it's hard to fix. There a lot of programs that are not compatible with MAc and it is not good for gaming as well. So I would say PC Pa rin ako. It;s very much compatible on anything plus the parts are easier to find unlike MAc you can only get it on APPLE

#20 Aeolus

Aeolus

Artist

• Super Admin
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:33 AM

BUILD YOUR OWN!

haha, thats what id do..so atleast you can upgrade parts one by one

but seriously, MAC over PC..

#21 Aeolus

Aeolus

Artist

• Super Admin
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

first is if you want a graphics proffesion or just like to create and design its good to use it mac for graphics ^^,

i disagree, mac arent that good..I used my brothers mac and it still loads slow compared to my laptop or desktop.

#22 adeno

adeno

Guardian

• Super Admin
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

The Macs as they are have very limited upgrade options typically. This is because Apple creates their OS to be optimized to a limited set of hardware. The assumed effect here is that the software tends to have lesser problems and becomes more stable. If there is a problem, they are usually easy to fix since they have programmed everything to work specificially for the hardware. The overall size of OS X tends to be smaller than say, XP or Vista because of this. Windows has to support thousands of different hardware configurations and still try to ensure stability between everything. For that, I give Microsoft credit. XP was without a doubt, one of the best OSes that Microsoft has come out with.

But if you're an advanced user, why not build a PC which can run Mac OS X? It's very time consuming and a long term learning experience, but after you get it down right, you can have a PC running Mac OS X that is even faster and more powerful than even the most expensive Mac Pro at less than half the price (at some points, even less than 25% the price). These "custom-built" Mac systems are generally called "Hackintoshes" :D

Macs aren't slow either, at least the newest ones aren't. The cheapest macbooks aren't expensive and perform excellently for everything except for heavy video encoding and gaming. My fastest computer in the house is a custom-built "Hackintosh" running Mac OS X 10.5.3 and it is not at all slow! The only real Mac "part" I have in that system is the Apple Wired Keyboard.

Whatever works for people, that's what they will stick with whether Windows or Mac systems.

:peacecirclesmaller:

#23 lovel

lovel

11X Platinum

• 3,598 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

i disagree, mac arent that good..I used my brothers mac and it still loads slow compared to my laptop or desktop.

why.. what specs of your brothers mac because i use here a powermacg5 with a 4gigmem

#24 waychraych

waychraych
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:13 PM

I'm using a Mac. So far I don't have any qualms about it. There are Mac applications that are alternatives to Windows programs. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users