berto

6X Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:21 PM

'Night of the Champions The Repeat' tonight at Araneta
www.journal.com.ph
THE champions are back.

Viva Concerts proudly brings back three of the best young singers in the land — "Star For A Night's" Sarah Geronimo, "Search For A Star's" Rachelle Ann Go and "Star In A Million's" Erik Santos—in the ultimate musical showdown everyone has been talking about ` "Night of the Champions" which will have a repeat tonight (August 13) 8 p.m. at the Araneta Coliseum.

Dubbed as the biggest event in recent concert history, "Night of the Champions" will once more feature Sarah, Rachelle Ann and Erik in power-packed solo and production numbers that brought the house down when the concert was first staged at the Araneta Coliseum last July. Lending them support are Mark Bautista ("Star for a Night" runner-up), Raymond Manalo ("Search for a Star" runner-up), and Christian Bautista ("Star For a Million" runner-up) and "Star Circle Quest" icons Sandara Park and Hero Angeles.

Tickets to the concert are priced at P1,000 (Patron A), P900 (Patron B), P750 (Lower Box), P400 (Upper Box A), P250 (Upper Box B) and P100 (General Admission), and are selling fast at all SM Ticketnet outlets, Araneta Coliseum Box-Office and at Viva Concerts.

"Night of the Champions" is a production of Viva Concerts & Events. Stage director is Bong Quintana, musical director is Marc Lopez. Sponsors are Jollibee, PLDT, Nestle Sundae, Pepsi, Skechers (time), MYX, The Philippine Star, People's Tonight, Popstar Salon, Swatch Shoes and Styletto. Radio partners are 90.7 Love Radio, I-Fm, Yes-FM, WRR 101.9 For Life, Star-FM and Mellow Touch 94.7.

Friday, August 13, 2004
5:56:50 PM

other articles...

TALK SHOW
Fundy Soriano
People's Tonight

NGAYONG gabi sa ganap na ika-8 ay babalik sa Araneta Coliseum ang Night Of The Champions: The Repeat.

Muling babalik ang finest bagets singers ng bansa —sina Sarah Geronimo ng Star For A Night, Rachelle Ann Go ng Search For A Star at Erik Santos ng Star In A Million — sa ultimate musical showdown na pinag-uusapan ng lahat.

Ito ang pinakamalaking event sa recent concert history, dahil ang Night Of The Champions ay muling magtatampok kina Sarah, Rachelle at Erik, na talaga namang nagustuhan ng audience ang power-packed solo and production numbers that brought the house down nu'ng una nilang concert last month. Special guests nila sina Mark Bautista, Raymond Manalo, Christian Bautista, Sandara Park at Hero Angeles.

Ang mga tiket para sa concert ngayong gabi ay mabibili sa lahat ng SM Ticketnet outlets, Araneta Coliseum box office at Viva Concerts office. Ang tiket ay mula P100 hanggang P1,000.

ANG stage director ng Night Of The Champions para sa Viva Concerts and Events ay si Bong Quintana. We are happy for Bong dahil he is really going places. Tiyak na loaded siya ng magagandang ideya dahil talagang love niya ang pagdidirek, lalung-lalo na sa entablado.

Ang musical director ay si Marc Lopez at ang kanilang mga sponsor ay ang Jollibee, PLDT, Nestle Sundae, Pepsi Cola, Skechers (time), MYX, Philippine Star, Popstar Salon, Swatch Shoes, Styletto, at ang ating People's Tonight.

Maraming salamat sa mga tiket na padala sa amin ni amico (Italian for friend) Boy Abunda. Incidentally, biglang natameme at mukhang na-shock si Boy sa kanilang The Buzz show sa ABS-CBN 2 last Sunday nang nagkaroon ng matinding word war sina Madam Auring at Tita Swarding.

Pareho kasing hindi mahapayang-gatang ang bunganga ng dalawa, at sa national TV pa sila nagbilad ng kanilang dirty linens.

Careful, Boy. Baka kayo mapag-initan ng MTRCB (na tama lamang) dahil sa foul language ng inyong mga bisita.

Tingnan mo ang nangyari kay Joey de Leon, na dalawang-buwang suspendido.

Friday, August 13, 2004
6:45:50 PM

=============

BASTA
Nitz Miralles
People's Tonight

SIGURADONG mapupuno na naman ang Araneta Coliseum mamayang gabi sa repeat ng Night Of The Champions. Magpapagalingan uli sa biritan sina Sarah Geronimo, Rachelle Ann Go at Erik Santos. Hindi magpapahuli sa galing kumanta ang mga guest na sina Mark Bautista, Raymond Manalo at Christian Bautista.

Mula pa rin ito sa direksyon ni Bobby Garcia, at si Bong Quintana naman ang stage director. Natutuwa kami rito kay Bong na VP for Special Events ng Backroom, Inc.; in-charge siya sa inter-office ng company at, ngayon, stage director na ng hit concert. Sa ganda ng kanyang ipinakitang trabaho, tiyak na masusundan ang mga hahawakan niyang concert.

Friday, August 13, 2004
7:02:26 PM

============================

FREEHAND
By Mario Bautista
People's Journal

THE 'Night of the Champions' repeat concert tonight, Friday the 13th, of Sarah Geronimo, Rachelle Ann Go, Erik Santos and Mark Bautista will be a farewell concert for them also since they will be flying to the U.S. for their concert tour there soon after this. The first time it was staged at the Araneta Coliseum last July, it was such a monster hit and people were demanding for a repeat so Viva Concerts had no choice but to re-stage it.

Supporting them are Raymond Manalo, Christian Bautista and Star Circle Quest icons Sandara Park and Hero Angeles, directed by Bong Quintana. Tickets range from P100 for general admission to P1,000 for Patron A. Get your tickets from all SM Ticketnet outlets and the Araneta box office.

Friday, August 13, 2004
5:29:12 PM

IF I KNOW
By ASTER AMOYO
People's Journal

Our concert producer-cousin in Los Angeles, California, Alfonso Chu informed us that the tickets to the "Nights of the Champions" set on October 2 at the Orpheum Auditorium is fast-moving, an indication that the Sarah Geronimo, Mark Bautista, Rachelle Ann Go and Christian Bautista fever has already reached overseas most especially in the US. Before LA, the group will also be performing in New York on September 18 and in San Franciso on September 24 and in Chicago on September 26.

The US tour will be the first for Sarah, Mark, Rachelle and Christian. Meanwhile, the same circuit producers will also bring to the US the tandem of Eric Santos and Sheryn Regis sometime early next year.

Friday, August 13, 2004
5:23:10 PM

berto's note: all these articles came from 1 publishing house.. but different tabloids/newspapers..

#2 berto

berto

6X Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:47 PM

Scuttlebutt
Shirley Pizarro

mb.com.ph
Aug. 13, 2004

Budding director Bong Quintana must be in cloud nine.

Why wouldn’t he be? After his debut as assistant director to Bobby Garcia in the much-talked about (and very successful) “Night of the Champions” concert at the Araneta Coliseum, Bong comes back to direct (on his own, because Bobby is so busy with his musical “Baby” starring Lea Salonga) the repeat of the same concert.

Viva Concerts has decided to bring back the same brilliant package of Sarah Geronimo, Rachelle Ann Go, and Erik Santos in a night that did not only manage to showcase their excellence in singing but also gleaned the right attitude in those outsanding outstanding performances.

The kids were guided well. Bong is a part of the brains behind the successful show and we’d like to congratulate him, along with the entire production team, for coming up with the brilliant show, definitely worth the re-staging on Aug. 13.

Bong is going to repeat the surefire highlights of the show once again. “These are wellthought out ideas and we’re just so happy that the audience enjoyed them as much as we had fun conceptualizing and bringing them to life on the stage,” he said.

Bong, who gets his much-deserved birthday gift with the show’s success, will continue the winning streak when he directs the same show when it continues to tour the provinces.

From hereon, we know we will be watching out for more shows bearing the credit, directed by Bong Quintana.

To those who failed to see the much-raved about show can now claim this chance. Remember the date, Aug. 13, 8 p.m. at the Araneta Coliseum.

#3 berto

berto

6X Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:49 PM

Celebrity World
Crispina Belen

mb.com.ph
aug. 13, 2004

‘Night of the Champs’ repeat at the Big Dome

The champions are back, and we mean Sarah Geronimo, Rachelle Ann Go and Erik Santos. Definitely the country’s finest young singers today, they will enthrall once more their fans in the repeat of their hugely successful “Night of the Champions,” to be staged tonight at the Araneta Coliseum where it was also presented the first time last July 3.

Dubbed as the biggest event in recent concert history, “Night of the Champions” will feature once more Sarah (“Star for a Night” champion), Rachelle Ann (winner of “Search for a Star”) and Erik (“Star in a Million” champion) in power-packed solo and production numbers that brought the house down when the concert was first staged at the Big Dome.

Lending the champs support are Mark Bautista (“Star for a Night” runner-up), Raymond Manalo (“Search for a Star” runner-up), Christian Bautista (“Star in a Million” runner-up), and “Star Circle Quest” icons Sandara Park and Hero Angeles.

“Night of the Champions” is a production of Viva Concerts & Events with Bong Quintana as stage director and Marc Lopez as musical director. Bong is said to be the mystery man behind Backroom’s more than roomful of activities. Backroom’s “silent partner” and VP for Special Events, Bong’s baptism of fire was directing the World Meeting of Families. Even before this however, he has been direcing small concerts and special events.

#4 JBlight

JBlight

Hall of Famer

• 14,699 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:58 PM

I'm glad the concert is getting a lot of coverage.

#5 blink

blink

Platinum

• Pip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:09 PM

can't wait to hear/read after-concert feedbacks!!!

#6 argonoot

argonoot

Gold

• 267 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:35 PM

If anyone goes, please remember all the songs Sarah sang. I would like to know.

#7 reign_18

reign_18

Champion

• 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:48 AM

i think they just gonna do the same program line up shown on the concert last july 03! but who knows maybe something's gonna happen unexpectedly!

#8 JBlight

JBlight

Hall of Famer

• 14,699 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:50 AM

Yeah reign_18, it would be cool if they did something unexpected. Plus, I would think Rachelle would sing more of her album songs.

#9 James Chris

James Chris

Gold

• 235 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:22 AM

Kikay si Sarah... Marami siyang taong napasaya.. that's her X-Factor... Madaldal na naaaliw ang mga fans.. Lalo na nung kinanta niya ng solo ang "Broken Vow" bumaba siya sa stage... Tapos she stopped for a moment and said... "Sige picturan muna.." haayyy.. Ang saya ng concert.. BTW.. Kinanta niya yung mga songs ni Celine Dion... My Heart Will go on.., etc.. basta mga sikat na kanta ni Celine Dion... Tapos yung mga theme songs ng mga animated films.. Duet sila doon ni Erik.. Nagseg-way pa sila ni Mark.. Kinanta nila yung sa commercial ng Jollibee at nag-duet sila ni mark ng "Ako'y Maghihintay" Medyo forgot kung yung iba kaya refresh muna ako... okie? tom ulit kakarating ko lang from the concert... Ang ganda super!

#10 labsly

labsly

Triple Platinum

• PipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:21 AM

ang saya saya po nung repeat!!!!!! the best!!!!!! :thumbs ang kulet po ni sarah :D she's so cool!! ang sigla sigla nya po dat nyt pramis!! kc patawa po cya ng patawa tpos todo dance pa po cya.. as in go na go! :girlpower neweiz bale gnun din po ung mga songs na kinanta nila pero my nadagdag din ng konti like duet ni rachelle & christian - you & me po ata ung title.. tpos knanta din po ni sarah ung broken vow.. grabeh bumaba po cya ng stage nun ngsilapitan nga po ung mga tao e den todo picture cla kay sarah.. and take not my ngKiss pa po s knya!!! :yeahrite how lucky nmn dat guy.. my pic na 2geder w/ sarah kiniss pa nya!!! todo birit po tlga cya nung knanta n nya ung mga songs ni celine dion and pati din po ung if i ain't got you ni alicia ang ganda po sobra kuhang kuha po tlga!!! :girlpower she definitely stood out among d rest!!! bsta po da best tlga!!!! pati nga rin po pla c mark ang galing din.. cya po ung my pinakamlakas na palakpak among d oder guys.. :) tpos ayaw nya png bilitawan ung kmay ni sarah :inlove :wub2 she's definitely the "STAR" of the night!!!! :girlpower

#11 berto

berto

6X Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:56 AM

oi nalimutan nyo ata ah...

ISIPIN NYO NA LANG... MAY TITANIC

HAHAHAHAHHA!!! Grabe... :D

Broken Vow was a great way to show her vocal prowess.. grabe...

Ako'y Maghihintay was for me their best ako'y maghihintay duet evar... coz i think MsI's word reached Mark..:)... i hope you're happy msI... At the later part of the song.. Mark knelt in front of sarah, and sarah was.. for a moment... a little... speechless...NAKILIG... anyways galing nung duet kse 1st time ko silang nakita na feel na feel tlaga ung song.. holding hands.. and they ended the song with a "kiss" and sarah's foot went up... but when the audience asked for another, sarah said "magalit si mommy" and she was teasing mark again coz he was getting older "Pakuya ka na ng pakuya"...

oi btw sarah... kinda 'drinks' from empty Pepsi cans..:D U know it's just filled with water.... kse sponsor nila ang Pepsi

#12 JBlight

JBlight

Hall of Famer

• 14,699 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:49 AM

Thank you so much for your reviews berto, champions' fanatic, and labsly. Looks like another successful concert. I'm glad all of you had fun. By the way, welcome to the website labsly. I really want to see her sing "My Heart Will Go On" and "If I ain't Got You."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users