HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA ERIK..........

Posted Image

luv yah...

#3338 tinskie

tinskie

Hall of Famer

• 10,923 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

happy birthday pinakamamahal nameng erik santos!!! yehey!!! ay belated na pala whahaha

#3339 certified_popster

certified_popster

Double Platinum

• PipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:08 PM

Posted Image

#3340 certified_popster

certified_popster

Double Platinum

• PipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

Erik Santos doesn’t want to compare himself to Jed Madela and Billy Crawford
by Napoleon Quintos | October 20, 2009 8:29 AM

Erik Santos continues to establish his place in the local music industry as the Prince of Pop. After collaborating with international singer-composer Jim Brickman for his newest album Erik Santos: The Jim Brickman Songbook, the Star in a Million winner will make the rounds in Asia this November to promote his renditions of Brickman’s songs. “This has always been my dream. I never imagined that my album will go outside the Philippines. With the help of my Star Records family maaabot ko na rin ang isa sa mga pangarap ko bilang singer.”

Erik will begin his Asian tour in Singapore on November 14, to be followed by Malaysia on November 23, Japan on November 27, and back in Singapore on November 29 to perform in front of 3,000 people. In between the tour stopovers, he will come home on November 21 for a concert with Sitti at the Aliw Theater.

The Jim Brickman Songbook contains Erik’s renditions of the composer’s famous hits “Valentine,” “The Gift,” and “Your Love” plus other original songs written by Brickman. Erik described Brickman when they met for the recording of the album. “Magaling siya. Medyo metikuloso lang pagdating sa kung paano kakantahin ‘yung mga songs. Pero napakabait niya, very down to earth.”

Hailed as one of the best young male singers of today, the 27-year-old balladeer is often compared to Jed Madela, another champion singer known his ability to impeccably hit the high notes. But Erik would rather focus his energy on honing his craft than engaging in a rivalry with any artists. “Mas focused ako sa kung ano ‘yung maibibigay ko sa audience hindi sa kung sino ‘yung ka compete ko. Ginagawa ko ‘yung best ko sa bawat performance, bahala na ang media kung gusto nilang bumuo ng kung anong rivalry. Magaling talaga si Jed, mataas ang boses, biritero talaga.”

Erik became known for his heartfelt love songs, most of which were used as themes to teleseryes and movies. The young singer thinks it’s best he sticks with mellow songs and leaves the upbeat and R&B genre to his fellow ASAP ‘09 mainstay Billy Crawford. “Hindi ko lang siguro forte ‘yung mga upbeat at R&B. Ang specialty ko kasi mga ballad so ‘yun na lang ang gagawin ko. Ayoko naman gumawa ng genre na hindi ko naman gamay. May Billy Crawford naman na, siya na lang ang bahala sa mga ganun.”

As his fellow singers Sarah Geronimo, Mark Bautista, and Christian Bautista have already given acting a try, Erik said that he is still open to doing an episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya or a full length teleserye. The only problem for Erik at the moment is his busy schedule. “Okay lang naman ako sa acting. Aaminin ko sa ngayon hindi ako confident sa acting skills ko pero willing naman akong matuto, pwede akong mag-workshop. Dati may mga offers na pero hindi lang natutuloy kasi nga sobrang busy ako sa pagkanta, ang daming shows out of town at abroad.” Erik added that if he has a choice, he would want Sarah to be his leading lady for his acting debut. “Gusto ko talaga maka-partner si Sarah. Matagal ko na siyang kilala, pareho kaming product ng singing competition kaya somehow gamay na namin ang isa’t isa.”

--------------------

#3341 betterthanraspberry

betterthanraspberry

Platinum

• Pip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:20 AM

Nasa SNN kanina... iniintriga kung crush ba talaga ni Eric si Maja in reference to Shaina Magdayao's tease sa kanilang dalawa on ASAP 2 Sundays ago during Eric's birthday celebration.

#3342 certified_popster

certified_popster

Double Platinum

• PipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:42 AM

POGI sa The Buzz...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by certified_popster, 03 November 2009 - 05:45 AM.

#3343 certified_popster

certified_popster

Double Platinum

• PipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:52 AM

ERIK GOES INTERNATIONAL
People's Journal
October 21, 2009 03:41 PM Wednesday
By: Mario E. Bautista

HOW does Erik Santos feel about ex-GF Rufa Mae Quinto's admittance that she's now engaged to her non-showbiz Pampangueño boyfriend and they'll get married next year? "I'm happy for her," he says. "We remain friends naman. Kung sinuman ang guy na 'yun, sana maging maligaya silang dalawa. I wish them well and if she'd invite me to sing in their wedding, I'd be more than willing to do that."

Erik is embarking on an international career. Star Records is releasing his world-class album "Erik Santos: The Jim Brickman Songbook" in eight Asian countries: Singapore, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan and Vietnam. "I'm so excited kasi dream ko talaga to reach other countries. I'm praying tanggapin sana ng foreign audiences ang songs ko. I'll start with Singapore on November 14, followed by Malaysia on November 23, then I go to Japan the next day then return to Singapore for a show on November 29 to be attended by a crowd of about 3,000. But on November 21, I will have a concert here with Bossa Diva Sitti Navarro at Aliw Theater."

His new album, which is turning gold soon, is a unique one as it offers the original piano score and lyrics sheet plus six songs from the album in SD Card format. "With the SD Card format, you can take my songs anywhere easily kasi puede itong ilagay right in your pocket. You can listen to my songs on your phones without needing to download them."

For us, the best cuts in the album are "The Gift," "Valentine," "Destiny," "Love of My Life," "Your Love" and "By Heart." Aside from his album's international release, Erik is also happy that he's finally graduating from college this coming March, which is mainly the reason why he has no lovelife for two years. "I was busy with my studies and my singing career, talagang there's just no time for love affairs. Now that I'm about to finish college, siguro I'll have more free time to attend to my personal life."

For updates on Erik and other Star Records artists, log on to www. starrecords. ph or starrecordsph. multiply. com.

source

ayiee,.. good luck erik sa asian tour..

#3344 certified_popster

certified_popster

Double Platinum

• PipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:53 AM

Erik goes Asia-wide
Tempo - October 27, 2009
Nestor Cuartero

ON THE THRESHOLD of an Asia-wide career, Erik Santos says he has never been more excited in his career, knowing that in a few days, he’ll be off on a swing of Asian cities to launch his new album.

Erik is launching ‘The Jim Brickman Songbook’ in Singapore on Nov. 14, followed by Malaysia on Nov. 23, Japan on Nov. 24, then back to Singapore on Nov. 29 to perform in a big concert. The album will similarly be marketed in Hong Kong, Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Thailand.

Between these stops, Erik is doing a back to back show with Sitti on Nov. 21 at the Aliw Theater.

Meeting some members of media during an afternoon merienda, Erik shared he’s on his last semester in BS Psychology at the Centro Escolar University. He had previously enrolled in dentistry and nursing at the same university.

"I’m done with my thesis. I have to finish three sessions for my practicum," he said.

Some of the songs in ‘The Jim Brickman Songbook,’ which Erik recorded in the US, are The Gift, Where’s The Good in Goodbye and My Valentine.

The album also comes in SD card format.

source

#3345 certified_popster

certified_popster

Double Platinum

• PipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:58 AM

The holiday tradition continues at Araneta Center
MB.com November 1, 2009, 4:31pm

Posted Image
Giant Christmas Tree at the Araneta Center

A time-honored Christmas tradition will soon take place – the well-loved and much-anticipated lighting of the Giant Christmas Tree at the Araneta Center.

Since 1981, the Giant Christmas Tree at the Araneta Center, inspired by the Rockefeller Center’s Giant Christmas Tree in New York, has served as the city’s most popular Christmas icon with the traditional lighting ceremony officially signaling the start of Yuletide festivities in the city.

Almost a hundred feet tall and dazzling, this year’s Giant Christmas Tree is a sight to behold with huge ribbons and colorful gift boxes serving as accents.

At 5:30 p.m. of Nov. 6, all roads will lead to Araneta Center once again as the hottest stars from ABS-CBN and the top local government officials of Quezon City led by Mayor Sonny Belmonte join the festive Giant Christmas Tree Lighting. Expect an impressive array of ABS-CBN stars such as Anne Curtis, Erik Santos, Karylle, Gretchen Barretto, Sheryn Regis, Nikki Gil, Rachelle Ann Go, Rhap Salazar, Gab Valenciano, Sinosikat Band, Kris Lawrence, Yeng Constantino, Claire Dela Fuente, Princess Velasco, Mickey Perz, Sam Concepcion, the reigning Bb. Pilipinas beauty queens – Bb. Pilipinas Universe Pamela Bianca Manalo, Bb. Pilipinas International Melody Gersbach, and Bb. Pilipinas World Marie Ann Umali, and many more.

Celebrate with ABS-CBN and Purefoods Fiesta Ham as the holiday tradition continues at the Araneta Coliseum Parking Lot on Nov. 6. For more details about this and other events at Araneta Center, log on to www.aranetacenter.net.

source

#3346 tinskie

tinskie

Hall of Famer

• 10,923 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

The holiday tradition continues at Araneta Center
MB.com November 1, 2009, 4:31pm

Posted Image
Giant Christmas Tree at the Araneta Center

A time-honored Christmas tradition will soon take place – the well-loved and much-anticipated lighting of the Giant Christmas Tree at the Araneta Center.

Since 1981, the Giant Christmas Tree at the Araneta Center, inspired by the Rockefeller Center’s Giant Christmas Tree in New York, has served as the city’s most popular Christmas icon with the traditional lighting ceremony officially signaling the start of Yuletide festivities in the city.

Almost a hundred feet tall and dazzling, this year’s Giant Christmas Tree is a sight to behold with huge ribbons and colorful gift boxes serving as accents.

At 5:30 p.m. of Nov. 6, all roads will lead to Araneta Center once again as the hottest stars from ABS-CBN and the top local government officials of Quezon City led by Mayor Sonny Belmonte join the festive Giant Christmas Tree Lighting. Expect an impressive array of ABS-CBN stars such as Anne Curtis, Erik Santos, Karylle, Gretchen Barretto, Sheryn Regis, Nikki Gil, Rachelle Ann Go, Rhap Salazar, Gab Valenciano, Sinosikat Band, Kris Lawrence, Yeng Constantino, Claire Dela Fuente, Princess Velasco, Mickey Perz, Sam Concepcion, the reigning Bb. Pilipinas beauty queens – Bb. Pilipinas Universe Pamela Bianca Manalo, Bb. Pilipinas International Melody Gersbach, and Bb. Pilipinas World Marie Ann Umali, and many more.

Celebrate with ABS-CBN and Purefoods Fiesta Ham as the holiday tradition continues at the Araneta Coliseum Parking Lot on Nov. 6. For more details about this and other events at Araneta Center, log on to www.aranetacenter.net.

source

sugod mga kapatid hehehe

#3347 tinskie

tinskie

Hall of Famer

• 10,923 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

POGI sa The Buzz...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image