• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Scully

Scully

7X Platinum

• 2,335 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:43 AM

Napansin ko lang na may available SG vids DLs din for Ipod Touch dito sa sg.com

Sharing tayo ng info on the best apps for our toys.
What do you use? What do you recommend? Best games? Having problems?

olrayti. :)

#2 Scully

Scully

7X Platinum

• 2,335 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:44 AM

Is it advisable to jailbreak your itouch? what is it for?

mukhang puro tanong ako, wala akong ma-share. hehehe..

Edited by Scully, 19 May 2009 - 06:46 AM.

#3 adeno

adeno

Guardian

• Super Admin
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

there are so many apps on the apps store that it's really hard to have a good recommendation unless you've tried them all. :p
I'd have to scour my apps first to tell you which ones I like and/or for what purpose I have them.

Jailbreaking has different effects for the iTouch and the iPhones.

- for iTouch, jailbreaking allows the user to download apps not sanctioned by apple, via another program (known as the Cydia Installer). If you've read on how apple puts restrictions on App Store applications, they do not allow certain types of apps (I'd have to research on what exactly they don't allow). Jailbroken apps via Cydia, however, bypass these restrictions. So essentially you have apps that can possibly do way more than your normal app store applications. For most people though, jailbreaking isn't worth the hassle.

- for iPhone, jailbreaking has an added capability. It allows for jailbroken apps just like in the iTouch, but jailbreaking also opens up the iPhone to be released from it's carrier SIM lock. In other words, it allows for unlocking the iPhone to support any GSM/3G-capable SIM card.

#4 kristian l

kristian l

Hall of Famer

• 6,814 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

Jail break po to get free games

Sticlwar po hehe very addicting

#5 kristian l

kristian l

Hall of Famer

• 6,814 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

I dony rlly recommend jail breaking
Kase since ng jinailbreak ng kuya ko itouch ko
Laging itong nag ka crash
About 4 times a day itong nag ka crash
But if u want rree apps go for it hehe

#6 kristian l

kristian l

Hall of Famer

• 6,814 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

Ayy by the way dilang free apps pwese nyo
Ppng makuha

Pwede rin po ninying palitan ang theme ng ipod nyo
Like i cons back ground...etc

#7 sarah_geronimitis_patient

sarah_geronimitis_patient

Sarahddict

• 9,410 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

kuya ton in da hauz! :rock:

hacker yan eh. ask anything about iAnything, he can decode it. :lol:

#8 AngeLFromHeaven

AngeLFromHeaven

Platinum

• Graphic Artist
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

i have a jailbroken iphone and my ate has an itouch, it's also jailbroken.. she never had a problem with her itouch aside from i have to reboot it everytime the battery dies.. pero i think never pang nag-crash yung itouch niya. same thing with my iphone, i never had i problem with it since i jailbroke it.

as for apps i would prolly recommend:

1. winterboard if you want to change the default boring theme into something cool
2. tonefx, changes sms tones
3. itv or mobiletheater, lets you stream or download free movies and tv shows, like family guy, heroes, southpark.. you have to get imobilecinema and safari download plug-in first though in other for it to work.
4. cycorder, lets you take videos
you can get them all on cydia

pretty cool apps from the app store naman, i like shazam, aol radio, imeem, pandora, yahoo messenger. also joost is pretty awesome kasi they have some episodes of friends and i think they also have smallville, and other anime shows.. as for games naman, i play live poker, sudoku and mancala alot. they're good kill time games. i have the curious case of benjamin button ebook too, but i haven't started reading it yet.. soo yeah.. yan lang naisip ko for now.. :)

#9 mirk

mirk

Hall of Famer

• 10,762 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:26 AM

What's iAnything?

On topic - Maybe the cause of crashes were the program installed. Hula-hula. :lol:

#10 adeno

adeno

Guardian

• Super Admin
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:08 AM

I'm not a hacker, I'm just highly interested in technology :p

i have a jailbroken iphone and my ate has an itouch, it's also jailbroken.. she never had a problem with her itouch aside from i have to reboot it everytime the battery dies.. pero i think never pang nag-crash yung itouch niya. same thing with my iphone, i never had i problem with it since i jailbroke it.

as for apps i would prolly recommend:

1. winterboard if you want to change the default boring theme into something cool
2. tonefx, changes sms tones
3. itv or mobiletheater, lets you stream or download free movies and tv shows, like family guy, heroes, southpark.. you have to get imobilecinema and safari download plug-in first though in other for it to work.
4. cycorder, lets you take videos
you can get them all on cydia

pretty cool apps from the app store naman, i like shazam, aol radio, imeem, pandora, yahoo messenger. also joost is pretty awesome kasi they have some episodes of friends and i think they also have smallville, and other anime shows.. as for games naman, i play live poker, sudoku and mancala alot. they're good kill time games. i have the curious case of benjamin button ebook too, but i haven't started reading it yet.. soo yeah.. yan lang naisip ko for now.. :)

:good: forgot to mention that Winterboard is one of my favorite apps, as it allows skinning and installation of themes. You can change any visual and functional aspect of the iTouch/iPhone. I currently use a modified version of a theme called Monochrome. I've also installed (through Winterboard) some changes to my sound files. When I get a text message, it speaks out to me "You have a text message" and likewise with voices mails, "You have voice mail" instead of the standard tones. I'll see if I can post a screenshot of what my layout looks like.

What's iAnything?

On topic - Maybe the cause of crashes were the program installed. Hula-hula. :lol:

Don't mind ate beng, she's always just hyper :p *hides from ate beng*

Crashes can occur from app store apps or cydia jailbroken apps. It's not restricted to the jailbroken ones only. All of my units are jailbroken/unlocked, and are generally very stable. :)

(heck I use my iPhone to enable internet for my laptop whenever I'm not at a wifi point ;))

#11 sarah_geronimitis_patient

sarah_geronimitis_patient

Sarahddict

• 9,410 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:58 AM

well, let me redefine "hacker".... a technologically-knowledgeable person who lets curiosity take over their otherwise normal course of action. :p
a programmer can be a hacker, if or when provoked. hehe! si kuya ton, hobby nya lang yon, kahit di provoked. hehehe!

sowee OT! :D

mirk, iAnything is the term i use for anything that involves a non-Windows-based system. hehe~!

#12 kristian l

kristian l

Hall of Famer

• 6,814 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

bakit ganon ipod kulang ang nag kakcracsh....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users