All About iTouch and iPhone Apps

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#13 Scully

Scully

7X Platinum

• 2,335 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:20 AM

goodness, i had to read anthony and AngelFromHeaven's posts three times to understand them. hahahaha...

so, no major issue with having my ipod jailbroken, if anything goes wrong, i can always re-set right?!

right now i have prob with my ipod. madalas mag-hang yung safari while browsing. what are the possible causes of that? i have up to date software and have my ipod sync with itunes once a week.

#14 adeno

adeno

Guardian

• Super Admin
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

goodness, i had to read anthony and AngelFromHeaven's posts three times to understand them. hahahaha...

so, no major issue with having my ipod jailbroken, if anything goes wrong, i can always re-set right?!

right now i have prob with my ipod. madalas mag-hang yung safari while browsing. what are the possible causes of that? i have up to date software and have my ipod sync with itunes once a week.

Jailbreaking is more of a way to enable iPhones to be unlocked and for allowing users to customize the iPhone/iTouch's UI... aka making the phone's interface your own :). There are apps also specific to jailbroken phones, but considering the App Store has thousands of apps already, I'm sure you're bound to find an app you need from the App Store.

Does Safari hang only on certain websites or is it random? I've never liked Safari due to it being always unstable, and I've had cases where it shuts down on me while browsing also. It's not a problem that we can really fix though, as Safari has always been like that...

#15 Kevin Paquet

Kevin Paquet

Hall of Famer

• 16,791 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

there are so many apps on the apps store that it's really hard to have a good recommendation unless you've tried them all. :p
I'd have to scour my apps first to tell you which ones I like and/or for what purpose I have them.

Jailbreaking has different effects for the iTouch and the iPhones.

- for iTouch, jailbreaking allows the user to download apps not sanctioned by apple, via another program (known as the Cydia Installer). If you've read on how apple puts restrictions on App Store applications, they do not allow certain types of apps (I'd have to research on what exactly they don't allow). Jailbroken apps via Cydia, however, bypass these restrictions. So essentially you have apps that can possibly do way more than your normal app store applications. For most people though, jailbreaking isn't worth the hassle.

- for iPhone, jailbreaking has an added capability. It allows for jailbroken apps just like in the iTouch, but jailbreaking also opens up the iPhone to be released from it's carrier SIM lock. In other words, it allows for unlocking the iPhone to support any GSM/3G-capable SIM card.

I have installed OS 3.0 without paying for it kasi I had the firmware downloaded from my friend, but this jailbreaking thingy is really something that I just don't know how to do, laging nag not responding ang program sa laptop ko weh, di ko pa natry sa ibang pc mag jailbreak, gnaun pala yun, kahit anong sim card ang pde gamitin ng iPhone, tsk, sa susunod, I'll try that! haha!

#16 kristian l

kristian l

Hall of Famer

• 6,814 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

Pocket god!!
Best game
U can basically do whatever you want!

$9.99 to copy and paste? Lol no thanks
And other useless features..
Not worth my
Money at all

#17 ljlim

ljlim

Champion

• 71 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

sa mga mahilig sa mga photography apps check niyo ito... very cool!!!

#18 topgirl

topgirl

Champion

• 69 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:27 PM

nice one.. puwede na mag macro shot gamit iPhone ko :D

#19 ljlim

ljlim

Champion

• 71 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

nice one.. puwede na mag macro shot gamit iPhone ko :D

yup yup.. my brother is loving all the lenses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users