• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 adeno

adeno

Guardian

• Super Admin
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

It's that time of the year again, now at mid-2009, where Apple begins to push out the big hardware and software/firmware upgrades!

As of June 17, 2009, the new version of the iPhone/iPod Touch firmware 3.0 has been released. Among the long awaited features of this new firmware include CUT & PASTE, a "Find My iPhone" feature (requires mobile me), MMS support, tethering support, Push notifications, A2DP aka STEREO bluetooth support, voice memos app built-in, shake-to-shuffle feature, auto wi-fi login, and a few others. There is a comprehensive walkthrough in the link below, courtesy of The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW).

TUAW iPhone OS 3.0 Walkthrough

I've installed it already, and with a minor hack, I have gotten Internet Tethering to work via AT&T.
The iPhone Dev Team is currently working on the jailbreak for 3.0 and the unlock (supposedly named ultrasn0w) for those who do not have AT&T sims.

The iPhone 3G S is scheduled to be released to the world on June 19, 2009 with several new upgrades, including a faster processor. I won't elaborate on the 3G S until it's released. :p

Oh and iPhone OS 3.0 is free for iPhone users, yet iPod Touch users will have to pay $9.95 to get this upgrade.

#2 algeb1

algeb1

Champion

• 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:20 AM

Nag email nga din po sila saken
Parang the same lang hehehe

#3 AngeLFromHeaven

AngeLFromHeaven

Platinum

• Graphic Artist
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

adeno, anthony, sir?.. lol idk what to call you :D do you know how much do i have to pay if i upgrade my 3G to 3G-S? also will my phone become unjailbroken if i get the OS 3.0?

#4 Baby Nique

Baby Nique

Kwela Dyaryo Reporter

• 3,996 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

Hi kuya idol ton! :wave: nice.. I heard Mac stores in Manila will sell their iphone gadgets as low as 9,000php today!? i'll go get one!.. hmm.. interesting. :D

#5 adeno

adeno

Guardian

• Super Admin
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

adeno, anthony, sir?.. lol idk what to call you :D do you know how much do i have to pay if i upgrade my 3G to 3G-S? also will my phone become unjailbroken if i get the OS 3.0?

either of those names work... I have many names around here :p When did you get your iPhone 3G? Depending on whether your contract is almost over or not will determine if you can get one for the subsidized price of $199 for 16gb 3G S or $299 for 32gb 3G S. You can check eligibility on this page.

As for me, I am not eligible for the subsidized price until March 2010, unfortunately. :(
If I wanted the 3G S now, I would have to pay $399 for the 16gb or $499 for the 32gb (ouch).

If you currently have a jailbroken iPhone 3G, then yes, 3.0 will remove the jailbreak if you install it now. Dev Team is working on the QuickPWN/Pwnage Tool now and should be available to the public soon. :)

Hi kuya idol ton! :wave: nice.. I heard Mac stores in Manila will sell their iphone gadgets as low as 9,000php today!? i'll go get one!.. hmm.. interesting. :D

Hi idol baby niq! Is that the iPhone 3G or the 3G S? The price is almost the same as the 16gb 3G S with a 2 year plan here in the US... interesting... if you get one, have fun with it! iPhones are fun toys :D

(for reference, considering $1 = PHP 48... PHP 9000 is approx. $188)

#6 algeb1

algeb1

Champion

• 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

U can aldo get 3gb i phone for $99
At walmary or cingular.. Saw it on a commercial

#7 adeno

adeno

Guardian

• Super Admin
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

U can aldo get 3gb i phone for $99
At walmary or cingular.. Saw it on a commercial

if you mean the 8gb iPhone 3G, yes you can buy it at $99 now, BUT that is the subsidized price. Unless you are a new customer or you are an existing customer who is eligible for subsidized pricing, it will cost at least $299/$399. All of that requires a two year contract also.

#8 Kevin Paquet

Kevin Paquet

Hall of Famer

• 16,791 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

Okay, I have upgraded my iTouch firmware to OS 3.0, but I don't notice much changes, except for the horizontal qwerty when typing notes, halos lahat ng mga other churvaloos require internet connection and that's not everywhere in the Philippines, buti sana kung iPhone toh, para madali lang maka connect sa internet, kaso ang OP ng mga prices nila dito sa Philippines para sa iPhone eh, at di pa naman ako sira ulo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users