• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 elai

elai

Triple Platinum

• PipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

Jericho Rosales wants to avoid kissing scenes and love scenes as much as possible
by Napoleon Quintos | August 01, 2009 1:17 AM | Share this article

Jericho Rosales is set to conquer primetime TV once again with a new teleserye entitled Dahil May Isang Ikaw. As his heart is overflowing with joy because of his new project, Jericho joined the ABS-CBN Christian Fellowship last Wednesday, July 29 to share some enlightening words to a few Kapamilya employees and guests. Jericho, now a devout Born Again Christian and managed by Genesis Entertainment, described how challenging it is to be a servant of the Lord in the showbiz world. “Being an actor and a Christian at the same time is not easy. You get judged, you are faced with temptations, but the Lord will guide you. He will tell you what to do, just don’t be lazy.”

Aside from the inspiring words, Jericho also shared tidbits of revelations about his career from the time he started in showbiz up to now that he is considered one of the best actors of his generation. After discovering God again through Genesis a few years ago, Jericho said that he has chosen not to do kissing scenes or love scenes as much as possible. “Siguro maraming nagtataas ng kilay ngayon, ‘Bakit si Jericho hindi na nakikipag-kissing scene, love scene, whatever...?’ Many producers might be scratching their heads or biting their nails kung bakit. ‘Yung iba ang sinasabi ‘E kasi Genesis na siya.’ But the truth is I went to Genesis not because they are the boss but because their boss is God. The Lord is the best manager in the world. Ngayon, I have learned that I have a responsibility to the people especially the children watching me. I don’t want to be the reason for them to fall. Bahala na ‘yung ibang bagay, pero mas importante sa akin ‘yung mga nanonood sa akin.”

The 29-year-old actor looked back on the time when, after taking a break to focus on his music, he bounced back into the entertainment scene with the teleserye Pangarap na Bituin. The said project made it easy for him to fulfill his vow not to do intimate scenes. “Sa Pangarap na Bituin ang leading lady ko dun was Sarah Geronimo. We all know hindi siya nagpapa-kiss, so ang nasabi ko na lang, ‘Oh, yeah! Bring it on! Ha ha ha!’ Also my role there was a musician so I got to do the two things that I love, acting and making music. My songs were played in the show. Dun ko na-realize na kapag ginawa mo muna ‘yung gusto ni God, ‘tsaka Niya ibibigay sa ‘yo ‘yung gusto mo. For my decision to not to do kissing scenes or bed scenes I was able to go back to work, be seen by people and inspire the viewers.”

For his upcoming soap though, Dahil May Isang Ikaw, Jericho will be reunited with leading lady and ex-girlfriend Kristine Hermosa. It is still uncertain if there will be kissing scenes or love scenes involving the hot love team. But Jericho said that in times when his work requires a kiss or a love scene, he thinks of only one thing. “In one conversation I had with my pastor I told him, “Paano po eh sa Bible wala namang binanggit na conditions for actors?’ But my pastor told me na if a kiss or love scene is really needed, like kapag romantic talaga ‘yung story or mag-asawa ‘yung characters, for as long as there is something praise worthy in what you do, then there’s nothing wrong. Nagiging mali lang kapag you’re doing it to satisfy the flesh. God will tell you naman eh. You will feel na mali kapag wala kang peace. Plus he will surround you with the right people who will remind you what to do.”

Edited by elai, 01 August 2009 - 06:52 AM.

#2 lizamarie

lizamarie

10X Platinum

• 3,177 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:31 AM

Thanks for sharing!

#3 tyra711

tyra711

Platinum

• Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:23 AM

qui vadis jericho?there was a time that jericho rosales was at the peak
of his showbiz career.........suddenly out of the blue his star faded......
parang bumbilyang papatay-patay naging karir ni jericho.when he made
the teleserye with sarah he became visible again but after that nawala
na naman siya.then yong teleserye nya with the malaysian actress did
not elicit much funfare at hindi masyadong naging mainit na teleserye.
yes gumawa siya ng movie sa last filmfest yong ginawa nila ni anne
curtis but sad to say although it wond awards hindi naman maganda
kinita sa box-office ng BALER.sa mundo pa naman ng showbiz ok lang kahit
wala kang awards bastat mega blockbuster ang movie mo dahil dyan
nakasalalay yong mag susunod pang movies ng isang artista.
sana jericho can recover......

#4 khuleanne

khuleanne

10X Platinum

• 3,128 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

,tnx po for sharin'

#5 angelyn25

angelyn25

7X Platinum

• 2,254 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

thanks for sharing..

#6 kendz

kendz

Triple Platinum

• PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:24 AM

- i like Echo's reaction, "oh yeah bring it on"!

with matching hahahaha..!

thanks for sharing!

#7 tata917

tata917

8X Platinum

• 2,424 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

thanks for sharing

#8 jelly

jelly

Platinum

• Pip
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

thanks po 4 sharing..

katuwa nmn reaction ni echo! :)

#9 Sarahnians

Sarahnians

Platinum

• Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

TNX 4 SHARING!!

:58:GoDorina

#10 ashert06

ashert06

6X Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:51 AM

tnx po 4 sharing...
yeah,tama ka jan,,.ndi pa tlga ngpapakiss c bebe sarah...

Posted Image
BELATED HAPPY,HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY SA'YO "PRINCESS SARAH"...WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

pls vote bebe sarah sa beauty of august,mlaki na po ang lmang ni marian sa knya..

TO VOTE,JUST CLICK THIS LINK... BEAUTY OF AUGUST

#11 oLga

oLga

Platinum

• Pip
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:04 AM

,,tnx 4 sharing po.,
.,nyc echo.,hha

#12 dansarah4ever

dansarah4ever

Hall of Famer