• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Scully

Scully

7X Platinum

• 2,335 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:05 PM

Sarah Geronimo is in no hurry to fall in love

While she had to contend with so much pressure from showbiz folks about when and with whom she will finally be romantically involved with, Sarah holds her candle and is admirably steadfast with her convictions.

At 21, most showbiz girls have actually had a string of love affairs to boot. But not Sarah. The conservative young lady says with a smile “hindi porke 21 years old na, kailangan may boyfriend na. Hindi naman batas yun di po ba?” Sarah seems to be content to wait for God’s Best Man for her.

“Hindi naman po ako pinagbabawalan ng parents ko. Siyempre naman po kung magiging inspirasyon sa akin, tingin ko hindi naman sila tutol. Naghihintay lang po ako ng tamang panahon at sa pagdating ng tamang guy for me. Siyempre po ang gusto ko, yung may takot sa Diyos. Dapat po man of God siya,” she explained.

Sarah is a born-again Christian and attends the Victory Christian Fellowship. Like most of them serious Christians in that group, Sarah does not really believe in engaging in casual relationships to determine whether that guy is the best for her or not. She is content to wait for the right one. This, to us, is a very admirable trait. We said it before and we will keep saying it. This is the kind of moral values that the youth should have for a role model. If only all of them showbiz people are like her.

Anyway, Sarah concentrates on her career now more than ever. “We have plenty of time for that. I focus on my work and give it the best of me. Like for this coming concert that I will have in Araneta Coliseum on Nov. 7 called ‘Record Breaker.’ Talaga pong pinaghahandaan namin ito kasi gusto namin na ang mapanood ng mga tao this time ay naiiba naman. Siguradong maganda po ito kaya abangan nila,” she promised.

Sarah is also neck-deep with commitments right now, that is why she cannot afford to do a teleserye for ABS-CBN. On top of her provincial concert tour “The Next One,” Sarah is also clinching two recordings – one to be released before her concert, and the other one, her Christmas recording called “Christmas Girl.” “Sobrang busy po talaga ako ngayon. Hindi na po maisisingit ang teleserye,” she said.

For her next movie, Sarah said that Viva is preparing for her team-up with Judy Ann Santos. “Excited po ako dun at saka medyo nape-pressure,” she said adding that her movie with John Lloyd Cruz and possibly with Gerald Anderson are still unclear at this time.

http://www.mb.com.ph...great-equalizer

#2 jhonie

jhonie

Hall of Famer

• 8,187 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:37 PM

While she had to contend with so much pressure from showbiz folks about when and with whom she will finally be romantically involved with, Sarah holds her candle and is admirably steadfast with her convictions.

At 21, most showbiz girls have actually had a string of love affairs to boot. But not Sarah. The conservative young lady says with a smile “hindi porke 21 years old na, kailangan may boyfriend na. Hindi naman batas yun di po ba?” Sarah seems to be content to wait for God’s Best Man for her.

“Hindi naman po ako pinagbabawalan ng parents ko. Siyempre naman po kung magiging inspirasyon sa akin, tingin ko hindi naman sila tutol. Naghihintay lang po ako ng tamang panahon at sa pagdating ng tamang guy for me. Siyempre po ang gusto ko, yung may takot sa Diyos. Dapat po man of God siya,” she explained.

Sarah is a born-again Christian and attends the Victory Christian Fellowship. Like most of them serious Christians in that group, Sarah does not really believe in engaging in casual relationships to determine whether that guy is the best for her or not. She is content to wait for the right one. This, to us, is a very admirable trait. We said it before and we will keep saying it. This is the kind of moral values that the youth should have for a role model. If only all of them showbiz people are like her.

Anyway, Sarah concentrates on her career now more than ever. “We have plenty of time for that. I focus on my work and give it the best of me. Like for this coming concert that I will have in Araneta Coliseum on Nov. 7 called ‘Record Breaker.’ Talaga pong pinaghahandaan namin ito kasi gusto namin na ang mapanood ng mga tao this time ay naiiba naman. Siguradong maganda po ito kaya abangan nila,” she promised.

Sarah is also neck-deep with commitments right now, that is why she cannot afford to do a teleserye for ABS-CBN. On top of her provincial concert tour “The Next One,” Sarah is also clinching two recordings – one to be released before her concert, and the other one, her Christmas recording called “Christmas Girl.” “Sobrang busy po talaga ako ngayon. Hindi na po maisisingit ang teleserye,” she said.

For her next movie, Sarah said that Viva is preparing for her team-up with Judy Ann Santos. “Excited po ako dun at saka medyo nape-pressure,” she said adding that her movie with John Lloyd Cruz and possibly with Gerald Anderson are still unclear at this time.

thanks for sharing scully...

the highlighted portion caught my attention... is this true?

did their family converted from Catholic to Born Again Christian? i'm just being curious because i know Sarah used to hear mass in a catholic church with her family, right?

#3 athena_liz24

athena_liz24

7X Platinum

• 2,114 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

did their family converted from Catholic to Born Again Christian? i'm just being curious because i know Sarah used to hear mass in a catholic church with her family, right?

nyaaay, narinig ko na rin yan ate... hmmm... saka VCF po is not a church naman.. well, they're not considered as a church. Parang non-denominational religious group sila. So everyone is welcome to attend. Baka kasi she's attending bible studies of VCF... kasi most asap artists ay VCF members :) Example, Jericho rosales and piolo pascual. Yeng constantino ata, kasama sa bible study nila papa P. Yan lang alam ko. Yan siguro naging basis ng write up.

Edited by athena_liz24, 29 September 2009 - 06:52 PM.

#4 Tataymemen

Tataymemen

Triple Platinum

• Content Provider
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

nyaaay, narinig ko na rin yan ate... hmmm... saka VCF po is not a church naman.. well, they're not considered as a church. Parang non-denominational religious group sila. So everyone is welcome to attend. Baka kasi she's attending bible studies of VCF... kasi most asap artists ay VCF members :) Example, Jericho rosales and piolo pascual. Yeng constantino ata, kasama sa bible study nila papa P. Yan lang alam ko. Yan siguro naging basis ng write up.

Posted Image

Victory Christian Fellowship is a " Christian Born-Again CHURCH "

Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church,
Matthew 16:18
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Acts 11:26
and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called CHRISTIANS

John 3:3
Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is Born Again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

GOD BLESS TO EVERYONE

In Christ, tataymemen

#5 jillianalexis

jillianalexis

Gold

• 286 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

I thought Sarah is a Catholic, dahil may nabasa ako na after Asap daw ay nagsasamasama silang mag anak sa pagsimba. Is this really true??? Akala ko pa naman Catholic sila.

#6 jillianalexis

jillianalexis

Gold

• 286 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

I thought Sarah is a Catholic, dahil may nabasa ako na after Asap daw ay nagsasamasama silang mag anak sa pagsimba. Is this really true??? Akala ko pa naman Catholic sila.

Is it really true?, I thought they are Catholics. Kasi may nabasa pa ako na gusto ng mommy niya after Sarah's commitment ng Sunday eh , magsisimba sila.

Edited by jillianalexis, 29 September 2009 - 07:44 PM.

#7 RyAn07

RyAn07

13X Platinum

• 4,104 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:17 AM

Is it really true?, I thought they are Catholics. Kasi may nabasa pa ako na gusto ng mommy niya after Sarah's commitment ng Sunday eh , magsisimba sila.

ano po ba ang totoo? Catholic po ba sya or nagpa-convert na sa Born Again Christian? hay.. di ako makakatulog nito ehh...

#8 jhonie

jhonie

Hall of Famer

• 8,187 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:04 AM

ahhh... baka nga nag-aattend lang si Sarah ng Bible Study pero hindi ibig sabihin nun e Born Again Christian na siya. i think catholic pa rin siya at ang family niya. well, wala naman masama kung Born Again ang isang tao, nagulat lang ako sa write up kasi alam ko talaga katoliko ang mga Geronimo. ako nga umaattend din ng bible study ng mga adventists before, so nasa tao naman iyan kung ano ang paniniwala niya. :)

#9 emeSG

emeSG

Platinum

• Pip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:43 PM

di po ba catholic din yong 'born again'? kasi mostly 'born again' eh from catholic sila...

catholic din po ang paniwala ko sa Geronimo family...

well, for me naman kahit anong religion ka, eh ang mahalaga ay may tamang moral values ka...

#10 iloveasher

iloveasher

15X Platinum

• 4,633 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

Thanks so much for sharing po :17sgKeiley:

#11 jstprado

jstprado

Champion

• 48 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

Ang alam ko catholic sila Sarah kasi my mom often see her and her family sa OLAP church sa C5 yung malapit sa st. charbel...unless nagconvert sila lately lang....

#12 jenica_23

jenica_23

Quintuple Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:19 PM

born again na sya ?? kht anu naman religion eh lahat naman c JESUS padin ang GOD :D

ty for sharing :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users