ate G

Popster

• 7,496 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:13 AM

REVIEW: I'm IN LOVE!
By sweetestdrugever

Monday
, April 4, 2011

LOVE conquers all...cliche ayt? but this is exactly the message of the movie "Catch me...I'm in love". Yes, I did watch it over the weekend with my Mom and Sis-in-Law. We are all excited because we heard so much about this movie that it's KILIG daw and there was chemistry with their tandem that's why people appreciate it. So we watched the 5.35pm schedule, kind of expecting that it would have less viewers because it was shown last March 23 pa but to my surprise andami pa ring nanuod and mind you of all ages ha.

Let me give you a synopsis of the movie: Gerald (enrique) is the son of the President while Sarah (roanne) is the typical simple girl, who works in an organization who helps children with their education. So the President (Christopher De Leon) sends Enrique to this mission with roanne. After staying in that remote place, Enrique fell in love with Roanne's simplicity and dedication to her work in helping others. They had a relationship, but Roanne was having a hard time dealing with it specially with Enriques kind of life. Because of insecurities Roanne broke up with Enrique and even it was hard for her (because she loves him so much), but after realizing that she don't have to let insecurities eat her and hinder herself to love someone, she did everything to win Enrique back and so she did with the help of her family.

It maybe a typical filipino love story but the way it was done was EXCEPTIONAL! I love the simplicity of the story, the relation of the story with the viewers, the chemistry of the actors and the KILIG FACTOR.

So why did I say "Love conquers all"? because the movie make us realize that you can never teach your heart whom to love and when you fall in love you will do everything to make this person feel your love even in its cheezzzzzyyyyyy-ness ways!

I would love to watch this film again and again and be KILIG over and over...and Gerald is my new kind of GUY! ahahahhaa!

LINK

#38 bhabyf25

bhabyf25

10X Platinum

• 3,052 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

I'll talk on broad strokes first, so that it won't be too spoiler-ish.

Let me begin by saying that CMIIL has got to be my favorite Sarah movie so far. :) The story between the two characters was precise and well-told. Of course, sobrang overdose sa kilig!!!! We were just smiling (and sometimes, screaming hehe. Can't help it.) the whole time. You know how when you sometimes watch a movie, you just want to fast forward it to your favorite scenes? For CMIIL, you won't skip any. Every scene builds up to the next--there wasn't any dull moment. And when we realized that the movie was about to end...we were wishing na sana wag muna. Yup, I found the movie to be that good.

Sarah was just beautiful and blooming all throughout the movie. She radiated onscreen. Sobra. :x Winner talaga sya magbitaw ng lines....i also loved her facial expressions and gestures, and kung pano sya nangingiti pag kinikilig. Lol. Her acting was more mature and natural this time. :) Kudos to Gerald for being a gentleman and for making Sarah feel comfortable enough during their scenes together. Lakas ng chemistry! :x

If there's one tiny thing that the movie lacked--well, maybe more musical scoring would have helped intensify the emotions and audience reaction in some parts. But as it is, CMIIL is already wonderful. :x Huge congrats to Sarah, Gerald, Matteo, and Direk Mae! Praying that this will break box-office records!

I'm watching it again today! (and on Saturday and Sunday....)

thanks so much sa lahat2 ng nagbahagi ng kani-kanilang opiyon ukol sa pelikula ni sarah gee at gerald lalong lalo sa lahat ng popster na talagang adik sa aming idol sarah. thanks agent O. sa napakagandang review sa movie at ngayon itsssss my turn para kiligin tulad ng nababasa namin sa mga website connected kay bebe sarah.....
today & tomorrow April 5&6 ang schedule ng panood ko at kwidaw kayo 3screening ang bawat araw ng panood ko at i purchase my tickets tru Fandango.com just to be sure na hindi ako maubusan ng tixxxxxx.....now im on my way to bart station going to UA STONETOWN 2 TWIN CINEMA kaya ita my dayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! babussssssss sa mga ka popster!

#39 outrigger

outrigger

One SG Force

• 15,154 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

^ wow, enjoy po! :) can't wait to hear your raves about the movie. ;)

#40 minestrone

minestrone

Platinum

• Pip
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:05 AM

share ko lang ito coz its a very nice review of CMIIL.

CATCH ME IM IN LOVE: Movie Review
(Source: myskyisblue)

as for the setting, They did great. the Cauayan area was a good place to go to. Something that opens our eyes to the development that our country still needs to undergo and how much our people need to live. the bridge was scenic and was fun. the palayan was a cute place to get down and dirty. I was wondering about the Malacañang. was it really THE Malacañang? otherwise, it was still a very posh and expensive looking, fit for a king house. The hotel where they shot the party scene was also very very chic.
-The scene where Christopher De Leon was talking to Gege (about the immersion) over the phone while going down the stairs (he was with the "PSG"), If I'm not mistaken was shot in Manila Hotel.

the “ANONG ORAS NA?” “may orasan ka naman eh.” holding hands scene.. ayeeeeee moment!! FTW!
-Sarah G was wearing a Technomarine in this movie. Halos maduling ako just to see kung ano brand ng watch. Hehe!

the aminan scene where they told Sarah’s family about their relationship. and the Disbelief Sarah’s brothers portrayed with outcries of “WEH?”. and ended by Sarah’s arrogantly MAYABANG expression. BENTAAAA!!
-One of my favorites! Especially the "Ihanda ang merienda" part. Bwahahahaaaa!

http://myskyisblue.t....e-movie-review

Edited by minestrone, 06 April 2011 - 08:09 AM.

#41 einna-831

einna-831

Gold

• 156 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

share ko lang ito coz its a very nice review of CMIIL.

CATCH ME IM IN LOVE: Movie Review
(Source: myskyisblue)

I had no expectations when I decided to watch this movie. I mean, a fairly new tandem (Gerald Anderson and Sarah Geronimo) deserved a fair evaluation of their movie without bias right? It’s a Mae Cruz directed movie who produced the likes of Paano Na Kaya, Maging Sino Ka Man and Magkaribal, that gave me an idea that the movie would be, shall I say, well-dialogued (English or Filipino).

So for starters, Let us scrutinize the casting. The movie offered us the stellar presence of Christopher de Leon (as the RP’s president), Dawn Zulueta (the ethereal First Lady) and Joey Marquez (Sarah’s loving father). Christopher de Leon (I cannot help but notice) was the best choice to become the president. His acting prowess provided the rigid but hearty performance needed for the role. Dawn Zulueta was perfect for the First Lady role reminding me of the composure of Imelda Romualdez Marcos, but less constricted as the latter. Supporting casts were also, I guess, well thought of. Ketchup Eusebio and Janus del Prado - they never could have gone wrong in choosing. they brought the unending humor to the movie. Sam Pinto, as Nicole, the very VERY beautiful woman brought in to the story to release the innate insecurities of Roanne Sanchez (Sarah Geronimo). Arlene Muhlach also has that catching presence as Sarah’s mom. and Matteo Guidicelli, the unexpected tambay role which he honestly protrayed well despite his bulol-nature. He ended up looking the part after being tanned.

and of course, Sarah Geronimo (Roanne Sanchez) and Gerald Anderson (Enrique Rodriguez) for the lead roles. Sarah Geronimo is perfect for the Caloocan girl type , toughened by a band of brotherly love and strengthened by a not-so-rich family background. She always gives off this realistic performance that never fails to capture the hearts of the filipinos (that’s how real her acting chops are). Gerald Anderson, I guess, was a good choice for the role of the Presidential Son for he has the Look to match it. We can never deny the fact that (as much as I hate to admit this) he is, most certainly, GWAPO and buff. I could not help but notice that his acting skills improved a lot. keri na niya yung mga iyak-iyak eh. I never cringed for a moment when he committed the dramatic parts.

as for the setting, They did great. the Cauayan area was a good place to go to. Something that opens our eyes to the development that our country still needs to undergo and how much our people need to live. the bridge was scenic and was fun. the palayan was a cute place to get down and dirty. I was wondering about the Malacañang. was it really THE Malacañang? otherwise, it was still a very posh and expensive looking, fit for a king house. The hotel where they shot the party scene was also very very chic.

moving on to the story, it was a typical rom-com plot: rich kid poor kid, poor kid softens up rich-spoiled kid, rich kid poor kid falls in love with each other, the relationship gets tested by the usual “hindi tayo bagay” theatrics, they break up, then *tada* they get back together, happy ending!

it was direly typical, but it was well-made all the same.

I’ll enumerate the things that nudged my heartstrings:

1. undoubtedly, they had chemistry. kilig factor. or whatever they call it. it was not forced nor did it look uncomfortable. they were actually nice. I had this smirk on my face the entire time. hekhek.

2. the oh-so-loving family concept. each movie has that. or shall I say, each FILIPINO movie has that. It’s just endearing to think that people like that really exists, or at least existed in that movie. because secretly, we were wishing that we had that too.

3. the “i’m a failure” plot line. I guess everybody has become a failure. and at some point, you become the disappointment of your family, especially once with high expectations. and they see you as that no matter how hard you try to make up for it.

4. the “I hate my father” scene. I don’t know. It just got to me. I guess this is biased due to some issues with my dad. but this scene had something. like the hard coverings of a coconut being opened and something innocent came out. It was love.

5. the “insecurities” issue. this is the same thing that i fear. as Sarah said, “baka magising na lang ako isang araw, ayaw mo na saken.”. in her case, it was the worst position to be in. I mean, she was the “first son’s girlfriend”, she was bound to be in the insecurity capital of the world. I guess every single person has their insecurities in relationships, and that’s just why some people choose to be single and available. these fears that creep up that you’ll never be good enough. twas good they presented this reality to the audience.

6. lastly, “THE KILIG SCENES”, grr.. yung para kang tangang nakangiti sa sinehan kasi kinikilig ka (to answer Sarah’s question: YES! kinikilig po ang mga lalaki, di lang obvious). do you ever get that moment?

the scene where Sarah’s rant was heard on mic, and Gerald’s retort about “may LED tong cellphone ko, baka malason sila”. PURE GOLD!!

the SUNOG scene. ganun ba talaga yun? haha

the “PASAWAY KA!” scene where Sarah’s character lectured Gerald about what he is and what he was not. Clap Clap!

the “Bounce with me!!” scene sa tulay! haha. nakakatuwa lang si Sarah dun. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing how pathetic Gerald was and how Sarah was sobrang sutil.

syempre, (for the women), the BODY SHOW is always BENTA. I daresay, may ibubuga naman yung abs ni Gerald. haha.

the “ANONG ORAS NA?” “may orasan ka naman eh.” holding hands scene.. ayeeeeee moment!! FTW!

another thing that amazed me was the GIANT BOUQUET OF FLOWERS scene. It was genuinely big. and the telephone call of “I love you’s” was endlessly adorable.

the aminan scene where they told Sarah’s family about their relationship. and the Disbelief Sarah’s brothers portrayed with outcries of “WEH?”. and ended by Sarah’s arrogantly MAYABANG expression. BENTAAAA!!

the break-up scene… hnng. sakit.

lastly, I loved the Gerald-Christopher scene. It was different. I think I could’ve sobbed my heart out but I didn’t.

http://myskyisblue.t....e-movie-review

Thanks for sharing!
i love this review ....parang all POPsTers share same feeling hahhaa..
iisang isip ...iisa ang nasa puso hahahaha ADIK. :peacecirclesmaller:

#42 iloveasher

iloveasher

15X Platinum

• 4,633 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

kauwi lang from watching CMIIL again (my 8th tym I think?) adik lang. haha

AGree din ako sa mga naunang posts. best SG movie (as of).

love ko yung less facial expression na ni SG sa mga drama scenes :142sgThumb2:

ang hirap pumili ng favorite scene kasi favorite ko na lahat ng scenes (sige ako na) haha

pero nagulat ako sa cameo role ni papa erik. kumusta naman ang presscon scene na

ROAN: erik I love you
Erik Santos: I love you too

haha. panalo! :48sgBungi4:

next tym nalang ulit yung mahabang review, grda requirements nakapila kasi.
Basta ang alam ko manonood pa ulit kami bukas... at sa 4th week (sana Lord showing pa) pinag-ipunan ko kasi talaga toh. prepared ba. haha.

congrats sa buong team lalo na sa mahal na mahal kong si SARAH

hindi man na ako nakakapagpost ng madalas dito pero I assure, andito lang ako, tahimik na susuportahan at mamahalin si ate Sarah :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users