• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#181 ate G

ate G

Popster

• 7,496 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

peace to all!

I just want to share my thoughts regarding the box office returns of WLADWY. Para sa akin hindi kailangan ma-compare ang returns nito sa mga previous movies, hindi dapat i-quantify.

Honestly, ito lang ang movie na nakipagsabayan sa tatlong hollywood/foreign movies na lahat din ay box office sequel.
Imagine, bago mag start ang movie na ito, there is Breaking Dawn and Happy Feet. Then there is Mission Im. Pero hindi pa rin nagpatalo sa first day pa lang panalo na. Samantalang yung mga previous movies, wala talagang kasabayan.

Hindi na kailangan pang tignan ang total returns dahil maliwanag na panalo pa rin ang movie na ito.

I believe kaya nga ito ang binigay na playdate ng SC at viva dahil kahit anong mangyari, panalo pa rin. And praise the Lord, they are vindicated.

Malapit talaga ang blessings sa mga taong mabait. God bless us all!

AGREE!

#182 ate G

ate G

Popster

• 7,496 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

alimarnathan_28 iamlegend@28cute
@sarahgtweet congrats sarah and gerald for a blockbuster movie. shoot taas ng pila dito!WLADWY showing in 2 cinema.wow.you rock sasa and gege

mceyson Mc Jayson Pascua
Gusto kong panoorin ulit ang Won't last a day without you. Ang ganda kasi ../../../public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Congrats Sasa and Gege ../../../public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png)

sarahgtweet sarahgtweet
wow! love talaga ni Ms Judy Ann yung baby sister nya... She promoted Won't Last A Day Without You in HYY... Posted Image

micodelrosario Mico del Rosario
Thank you Juday sa pagpromote ng #Won'tLastADayWithoutYou Posted Image

More reviews about the movie.

http://www.pinoyexch...29#post59986129

CONGRATULATIONS SARAH and GERALD!!

#183 ate G

ate G

Popster

• 7,496 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

MValmores24 Madel Madel
kkarating lng galing Movie House. nkkatouch tlaga yun mga Lola na hirap na mglakad pro nanuod:) kinilig pa sila ka Sasa & Gege.

noringai Noreen Capili
#wontlastadaywithoutyou is way way waaaaaaay better than Sarah and Gerald's 1st movie together. Brimming with kakiligan, aliw pa ang story!

noringai Noreen Capili
I'm really impressed with Sarah. She has matured as an actress. Sya lang ang bagay sa role. Truly the romcom queen! #wontlastadaywithoutyou

noringai Noreen Capili
Still can't get over #wontlastadaywithoutyou. Umiiyak ako tapos biglang tatawa. Kasama na Ito sa top five best local rom-com films for me

#184 ate G

ate G

Popster

• 7,496 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#185 cicima

cicima

Hall of Famer

• 23,374 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for posting the reviews/feedback!!!

thank God, wala pa akong nabasang negative feedback tungkol sa Won't Last A Day Without You!!!
pero torture pa ra sa akin ang magbasa ng mga comments dahil mas lalo pa akong nasasabik panoorin
ang movie nina SarahG at GeraldA.....sana, maipalabas na din dito sa US very soon!!!

#186 jade54

jade54

Platinum

• Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

just want to share this article takem from the blog of ANNALIZA MIRANDA..
THE ROAD OF YAM LARANAS AGAINST WON'T LAST A DAY WITHOUT YOU OF SARAH GERONIMO..
DATED DEC 8, 2011

sarah geronimo's wont last a day without you and yam laranas THE ROAD are the movies
shown since nov. 30, 2011 but the question is WHERE IS THE ROAD OF YAM LARANAS
produced by gma films?Wont last a day without you gave a good fight in the b0x-office,
its frist day gross amounting to 20 million was amazing considering THE ROAD has all
the materials to promote including their international reviews from the international
critics.

what happned to this movie?is it still in theaters fighting for its box-officer gross?when the
raod was till in its promotional stage,i told myself that it would give a good fight in the box-office
to its rival wont last a day,a sarah geronimo and gerald anderson starrer but now i think
i was wrong

THE ROAD by yam laraNS AND PRODUCED BY gma 7 was agood movie according to some
international critic but when it comes to box-office appeal i think those reviews were not enough
for this movie to capture the heart of the movie going public specially the young ones.

WONT LAST A DAY WITHOUT YOU has been very consistent in box-office from its first day
of showing until now in fact its 5th day gross according to abs-cbn was more than 50 milllion plus.

THNAKS FOR THE NICE WRITE-UP miss ANNALIZA INOCENTES MIRANDA

#187 ate G

ate G

Popster

• 7,496 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

WON'T LAST A DAY WITHOUT YOU: MOVIE REVIEWS! :flower:

http://www.starmomet...ywithoutyou.jpg

Philbert Dy (Click the City)

“It is a film that seems willing to acknowledge that relationships can be messy, and that people do get hurt and that it isn’t always easy to forgive. While the bad habits are still there, there is a charming core to the picture that seems truer than many of the things the mainstream has put out there.” (Read full review)

Ria Limjap (Spot.ph)

“The movie itself is funny, endearing, and cute. The director managed to use all the required elements of the Star Cinema Formula for Box Office Success (among others: popular theme song, big stars, and the happy ending with a public declaration of love—can you name more?) and made a perfectly good example of a mainstream romantic comedy without the glaringly bad habits of the genre.” (Read full review)

Abby Mendoza (PEP)

“Raz dela Torre’s film could have oh-so-melodramatically tackled the aforementioned heartbreak crisis… Instead, it does a favour to those who are in the process of healing by taking bitterness as a genuine emotion that only the failure of love can produce, and creating a feel-good, fresh, and hopeful narrative out of it.” (Read full review)

REEL ADVICE

"It's not perfect and it's not that be-all romcom film that changes the game. But what it dares to do differently works well enough to catapult the film into being better than most of the competition. All in all, "Won't Last A Day Without You" is a fun film at its core and while it's not the best, you'll stop caring once you laugh your *** off. (Read full review)

Ian Urrutia (Pinoy Cinema Tumblr)

"Won’t Last a Day Without You fits in that kind of mold and even poses to be one of the studio’s most entertaining outing since last year’s My Amnesia Girl. It’s a charming display of populist fun at its loony best, one that isn’t afraid to lair the inner studio workings of a rom-com thrill while still reaping plenty of good, gracious moments in it." (Read full review)

Jowana Bueser (The Birth of Damnation)

“The latest Sarah-Gerald starrer is better than their first though I felt it lost its chance to provide insightful commentaries on the present relationship of radio and Filipino romance.” (Read full review)

Nicol Latayan (Back to the Frying Pan)

“All in all, this is a good film. You already know what the ending will be like the moment you entered the cinemas, but it’s the journey on the way to the predicted conclusion that stood out here. Won’t Last a Day Without You is a nice, refreshing film that showed some potentials. If you see people not smiling when they came out of the cinema, then they weren’t able to experience love at one point in their lives.” (Read full review)

Rolando Tolentino (Pinoy Weekly)

“Nagtatagumpay ang pelikula dahil may inaasahan sa manonood, ang tinatawag na ‘suspension of disbelief’ o ang pagpapaubaya sa operasyon ng pelikula (naratibo, special effects, acting at maging ang mismong panonood) na ito ay ‘tunay’ na realidad.” (Read full review)

Queendom Heriess (socyberty)

"In this cheesy romantic – comedy flick with the international standards of quality, we see a different Sarah Geronimo, a spiced up character of Joey de Leon, the Am-Boy with a little Ilongo dialect leading man Gerald Anderson, and a beautiful and best scheming villain Megan Young. All in one movie, it is worth of the money you spent." (Read full review)

PINOY DIREK

"Won't Last a Day Without You is indeed a better movie compared to previous local romantic comedies, particularly, the ones released by Star Cinema. The setting is fresh and the performances were able to make us either forgive or forget about the flaws it had." (Read full review)

The Dam Nation

"Predictable? Absolutely. Cheesy? Sure. Worth spending your money? Well, if you saw the
Spoiler
a month ago, then Won't Last A Day Without You is actually a very good deal for you. Won't Last A Day Without You had its own mishaps but it's generally forgivable. And while the inherent cheesiness and predictability cannot be avoided, I genuinely enjoyed the film. It was a sweet, wonderful and enjoyable romantic flick." (Read full review)

#188 luvkoSARAH

luvkoSARAH

Platinum

• Pip
  • 317 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

PLS WATCH AGAIN & AGAIN the movie of Sarah & Gerald WON'T LAST A DAY WITHOUT YOU. Magtulong-tulong tayo para mapantayan ma lang ang CATCH ME IM IN LOVE. Madaming english films ang kasabay at Xmas season kaya iba priority ng mga tao. Tayo na lang mga fans ni Sarah ang mag POWER WATCH. Yung mga nasa abroad sana padala kayo ng pera sa family, relatives, friends nyo. Up to Dec 24 pa ang showing.

#189 sgfever

sgfever

Triple Platinum

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

CTTO: ASHRALDS BLOCK SCREENING OF WLADWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_3z0XhBJoQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9gDVrVkiWc&feature=related

Edited by sgfever, 11 December 2011 - 02:56 AM.

#190 sgfever

sgfever

Triple Platinum

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

CTTO ( tumblr blogger)
Foundation Week sa university namin, oh Happy 107th Anniversary BulSU. Kaya ayan, kanya kanyang gala. So we went to WalterMart Plaridel kasi mas mura sine dun kesa sa Cabanas. Dapat The Road talaga yung papanuorin namin kaso 3:15 pa yung first show eh gagabihin kame, kaya pinanuod na lang namin yung Won’t Last A Day Without You.

Posted Image

At first, akala ko talaga magiging korni yung movie. Pero the heck! Its sooooo nakakakilig and funny. Ang galing galing ni Sarah G. dun sa movie. Nakakahawa yung high pitch voice niya sa heartbreak hotline niya. The best din magpakilig si Gerald A. As in kinilig talaga ko sa kanilang dalawa. At major major laughtrip talaga pag si Mr. Joey De Leon na ang bumabanat. Hahaha.
Yung names pa nila:
Sarah G. - George Harrison Apostol
Gerald A. - Andres Escalona
Joey De Leon - Pablo Apostol
Eto pa, mga lessons para sa boys by DJ Heidii

Lesson #1: Pay attention para walang tensyon
Lesson #2: Makiramdam kay madam
Lesson #3: The best pag honest
Lesson #?: ROMANCE is a SLOW dance.

Ang kiss nagpapamiss pero ang paghihintay siya ang pamatay. The moment before the kiss is romance.
How to have a ROMANTIC KISS?

1st hawak sa buhok
2nd hawak sa pisngi
3rd eye contact
then Kiss.

THIS IS A MUST SEE MOVIE. Lahat ng taong lalabas sa sinehan nakangiti. :)

Edited by sgfever, 11 December 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#191 sgfever

sgfever

Triple Platinum

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

What makes won't last a day without you of Sarah Geronimo and Gerald so special

Examiner.com
Dec 10, 2011

Before anything else, hit this button if you want to suscribe.

What makes won't last a day without you of Sarah Geronimo and Gerald Anderson so special? This movie of star cinema and viva films is still hot considering that this is their tenth day in theaters but it keeps moving forward and getting better in box office.

Sarah Geronimo promised to give us a good and quality films and it happens. She gave us her best just to make sure that her fans will be happy to see this movie with Gerald Anderson and the result is a blockbuster movie for them.

Its box office appeal is great compared to Yam Laranas' movie The Road. The magic of won't last a day without you is still there encouraging people to watch Sarah Geronimo and Gerald Anderson in their most anticipated film.

We do not know if this movie will continue to draw the box office record set by Vice Ganda's Praybeyt Benjamin but whatever happen, this movie will continue to inspire its viewers specially those who are in love.

http://www.examiner....rald-so-special
[/center]

#192 leo

leo

Hall of Famer

• 9,139 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

I expect nothing but the best from their tandem :) base sa mga reviews and box office return I suspect na ang gwapo nanaman ni Gerald sa mga Pilipina hehe at nandun ulit yung suprising comments na ang kulit pala ni Sarah, nakakatawa (observation lang sa mga nanunuod) hehe.... Congrats sa kanilang dalawa I hope na sana mapanuod ko sya bago pa mahuli ang lahat nyahahaha... I miss sarah :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users