Photo

Movie Review: Won't Last A Day Without You - (02Dec11)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 outrigger

outrigger

One SG Force

• 15,154 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:56 AM

Friday, December 2, 2011
Movie Review: Won't Last A Day Without You
Posted by DAM THE NATION at 6:27 AM Labels: movie review
VERY GOOD RATING: 8/10

Predictable? Absolutely. Cheesy? Sure. Worth spending your money? Well, if you saw the crappy Praybeyt Benjamin a month ago, then Won't Last A Day Without You is actually a very good deal for you. Haha. I'm serious.

I was expecting a nominal quality of a romantic comedy going in, but I was shocked at how much I enjoyed the movie. I found most Filipino romantic comedies - with a few exceptions, of course - quite stale and monotonous, but this had that endearing quality that's kind of rare. I couldn't have been more delighted, to be honest.

Sure, the story was painfully predictable as I already figured out how things would end up, but there was something about this film that made the awfully tired premise surprisingly fresh. Maybe it's the chemistry of the two leads? I mean, I got completely wrapped up in the characters that I ended up liking the story no matter how cliched it was. Plus, the film actually managed to put all the schmaltz, melodrama and cheese in a completely engrossing manner that it didn't make me ****.

I also found the script highly relatable. No, it's not brilliant by any means, but the fact it got me choked up a couple of times was a testament of how realistic the writing was. Then, add to that the effective performances of the lead actors.

Sarah Geronimo was her usual delightful self in this film, but her delivery of the more serious scenes were fantastic - yes, I'm using that word. Haha. There were a couple of scenes in particular that were so believable, I felt like I wanted to cry with her. I really thought she had a great range of endearing expressions perfect for the film. I've seen her other works and she was distinctively radiant here with the right balance of warmth, charm and spontaneity.

Gerald Anderson was also quite impressive. I saw his previous film with Sarah, and I somehow felt like he was more comfortable and far more effective here compared to their first outing. Together, their chemistry was palpable and that really made the film work. Of course, the rest of the cast did an admirable job as well, especially Joey De Leon.

Won't Last A Day Without You had its own mishaps but it's generally forgivable. And while the inherent cheesiness and predictability cannot be avoided, I genuinely enjoyed the film. It was a sweet, wonderful and enjoyable romantic flick. Absolutely better than the Philippine's highest grossing local film EVER. Haha. Enough said.

Source: http://the-dam-natio...ithout-you.html

*thanks to our sources from PEX

#2 RyAn07

RyAn07

13X Platinum

• 4,104 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

Sana umabot ng 300 Million ito! Pero masmaganda if we can achieve 400 Million. Sobrang Achievement nun!

Thanks po for sharing! :)

#3 observerph

observerph

Champion

• 112 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:07 AM

WOW!!!!!

Guys, what are we waiting for? Watch it again, and again, and again....with everyone and anyone and someone and with even your only one :-)

HAHA!

Very happy for Sarah and Gerald! Two thumbs up! And Hats Off to the Queen of RomComs and to the King of Kiligness!

At lahat na ;-)

#4 corcom05

corcom05

Quadruple Platinum

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:23 AM

Thanks for sharing..more power to sarah..bring back all the glory to GOD..GODBLESS... :52sgThumb: :52sgThumb:

#5 jade54

jade54

Platinum

• Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:15 AM

sana nga mas malaki ang kitain nito kaysa sa catch me im in love at sa PB
PERO KUNG HINDI MALAKING PASASALAMAT NA RIN BASTAT KUMITA ITO...

#6 rosarah

rosarah

Quintuple Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:49 AM

kung nnjn lng me s pinas, ay sya, araw-araw kong ppanoorin yn, for sure!!!

:sarah4ever:

#7 riannejade

riannejade
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:12 AM

i have watch it 6 times already... and i went to Manila just for the movie... and This Sunday will watch again.. I cant get-over with SASA And GEGE fever :52sgThumb:

#8 ate G

ate G

Popster

• 7,496 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

Thanks for the nice review. Galing talaga ni Sarah sa crying scene and super cute naman siya na naka mascot attire.

Just got home. Went to watch it again with Scully. Dami tao sa mega at nung lumabas kami dami pa din pumasok for the LFS. Nakakatuwa lang dahil may mga pumasok na medyo may mga edad na. 8 sila na mga senior citizen na siguro. Excited sila manood dahil patapos na ang eksena saka sila pumasok tapos LFS na. hehehe.

After watching sabi ni Scully i want to watch it again. Saan ang theatre tour niya bukas ate. hehehehe.

#9 alexcris12

alexcris12

Champion

• 121 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

puro nice reviews ang movie... if i am not mistaken, this is the third review posted here....

thank you Lord...

sana kumita pa...

#10 maverick2007

maverick2007

Quadruple Platinum

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

thanks for sharing...

agree with the review! for one my husband who rarely watch movie said..."the movie was nice and Sarah's very beautiful in the entire film" :)

kaya ano pa ang hinihintay nyo SARAHlets WATCH na ulit :D

#11 mirage

mirage

Gold

• 243 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Nung napanood ko yung movie ayoko ng lumabas sa sinehan muntik akong ma late sa work...ang sarap ulit ulitin ng mga eksena...hats off sa staff and to Sasa and Gege ang galing natural na natural ang mga eksena

#12 Scully

Scully

7X Platinum

• 2,335 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

Thanks for the nice review. Galing talaga ni Sarah sa crying scene and super cute naman siya na naka mascot attire.

Just got home. Went to watch it again with Scully. Dami tao sa mega at nung lumabas kami dami pa din pumasok for the LFS. Nakakatuwa lang dahil may mga pumasok na medyo may mga edad na. 8 sila na mga senior citizen na siguro. Excited sila manood dahil patapos na ang eksena saka sila pumasok tapos LFS na. hehehe.

After watching sabi ni Scully i want to watch it again. Saan ang theatre tour niya bukas ate. hehehehe.

nyahay! nakwento ba ako!? :) thanks ate gina.

had loads of fun watching the movie. agree with all the comments that this is SG's best film.
off to watch again later.

asser ba si direk raz?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users