Photo

Sarah and Bamboo should be together, ASAP!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 outrigger

outrigger

One SG Force

• 15,154 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

Sarah and Bamboo should be together, ASAP!
By Gerry Plaza | omg! Philippines News Blog – 2 hours 24 minutes ago

It was an ordinary Sunday.

We thought the noontime TV variety show “ASAP” would be presenting its usual fare of performances last May 5.

We were wrong.

As the introduction came heralding “The Voice of the Philippines” judges, we saw on our screens two of the country’s most admired singers—Sarah Geronimo and Bamboo Mañalac—starting their rendition of Pink and Nate Ruess’s “Just Give Me a Reason.” Just a showcase of two talents, we thought, as has been the case week after week.

But, I was also intrigued: how would the pop princess and a rock icon fare in a duet?

We were in for an incredible surprise.

It was not one singer trying to outdo the other with their biritan or kulot vocal calisthenics. It was two singers who, I believe, were made for each other—vocally, that is.

The mesh of their vocal prowess was impeccable—complementing each other smoothly and engaging in harmonies that were almost magical. And, just like they do in “The Voice” (the local version of which has Bamboo and Sarah as vocal coaches), I turned away from the TV set, closed my eyes and just listened. Indeed, my initial impression was right. It was not just your usual pairing of two individual “premium” or “powerhouse” talents.

It was definitely a match made in heaven.

Music producers should look beyond Sarah and Bamboo as talent show judges. They should immediately get a mind-and-heart-blowing song from a brilliant composer like Ogie Alcasid (or even Bamboo himself) and haul this unusual tandem to a recording studio to get them to recreate the moment they had in “ASAP.”

For sure, it will be something memorable and exciting for OPM.

http://ph.omg.yahoo.....023101767.html

#2 megan

megan

Hall of Famer

• 10,675 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for sharing, Outrigger. Na download ko bigla yang song na yan sa iTunes. I've been listening to it the whole day na. Sana magka concert c Bebe and Bamboo. Superb song number talaga last Sunday.

#3 anjanela

anjanela

Platinum

• Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

ganda ng pagkakakanta nila 2, nakatutok lang talaga ako nun, sa 24/SG concert last yr, na guest na nya si Bamboo, galing!

#4 ashert06

ashert06

6X Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

ang ganda nga ng pagkakanta nila..sana mgkaalbum sila o magkaconcert..

#5 bhabyf25

bhabyf25

10X Platinum

• 3,052 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

thanks for sharing agent O......
luv Their version 'just give me a reason'
luv ko na din ang ashboo as duo in singing!

#6 alamatpaul

alamatpaul

Bioman

• Content Provider
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

ashboo :rock:
thanks for sharing agent 0

#7 ate G

ate G

Popster

• 7,496 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

Halimaw talaga pag mag duet ng rocks songs sina Sarah G and Bamboo. Kaya all of us are in for a treat sa The Voice of the Philippines. Paano na kung magkaroon ng prod ang 4 judges sa show nila. All of them are extra ordinary performers.

#8 sarahfever

sarahfever

Champion

• Rising Jr. Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Superb!!!!power duo!the best ang mga collborations nila....perfect team...pagdting sa pgknta...=)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users