Bungi Fanatic

• Super Admin
  • 13,338 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:01 AM

Posted Image

The songs of Vehnee Saturno
Isah V. Red

Posted Image

Among local music’s contemporary songwriters, he is one of the best and most successful. His songs include “Be My Lady” (his very first hit), “Forever’s Not Enough,” “How Could You Say You Love Me,” “From The Start,” “Isang Lahi,” “Mula Sa Puso,” “Sana Kahit Minsan,” “Simple Lang,” Di Ba’t Ikaw,” “Paano Kaya,” “Dahil Tanging Ikaw,” “Wala Na Bang Pag-Ibig,” and “Till My Heartaches End,” popularized by some of the biggest names in the industry.

These songs have made careers, bagged gold, platinum, and multiplatinum awards and won honors for the country in singing competitions abroad—and the man responsible for them is, of course, songwriter Vehnee Saturno.

On May 26 (Friday) at the Araneta Coliseum, listen as these modern-day OPM classics take centerstage in a special fund-raising concert titled Silver…Songs of Vehnee Saturno.

Staged for the benefit of the church renovation and rebuilding project of the Sta. Maria Goretti Parish located within the Pope Pius XII Catholic Center in Manila and a celebration, too, of Vehnee’s 25th anniversary in the music industry, Silver...Songs of Vehnee Saturno will feature main performers Jay-R, Rachelle Ann Go, Mark Bautista, and MYMP.

This will be the first time in 40 years that the Sta. Maria Goretti Parish, which hosts the bi-annual gatherings of the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines (CBCP), will be renovated, just in time for the celebration of the parish’s silver, or 25th, anniversary in 2007, hence the title of the show.

Also joining this one-of-a-kind musical event are guest, Jaya, Ella Mae Saison, The CompanY, and Concert King Martin Nievera. Incidentally, Vehnee’s first hit—“Be My Lady”—was also Martin’s first big hit when he was starting out as a singer in the 1980s.

Silver...Songs of Vehnee Saturno will also feature special performances by Randy Santiago, Dingdong Avanzado, Louie Heredia, and Jessa Zaragoza, another singer who built her career on the music of Vehnee Saturno. It was Vehnee who composed some of Jessa’s biggest hits, like “Di Ba’t Ikaw,” “Paano Kaya,” and “Bakit Pa.”

If one were to compare it, Silver...Songs of Vehnee Saturno would be like listening to a CD of all of Vehnee’s hit songs, some of which will even be performed by the original artists themselves!

Don’t miss your chance to be part of this show, and do your part to help the Sta. Maria Goretti Parish renovation project. It’s the kind of musical event that doesn’t come along very often and therefore, shouldn’t be missed.

Silver...Songs of Vehnee Saturno is a production of Cast & Crew and directed by Calvin Neria with Marc Lopez as musical director and Noel Ferrer as scriptwriter. Tickets are available at the Araneta Coliseum box-office and in all SM Ticketnet outlets at 911-5555.

http://www.manilasta...fe03_mar29_2006

#2 mark15

mark15

Hall of Famer

• 11,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:04 AM

THAnks For SHArin

#3 outrigger

outrigger

One SG Force

• 15,154 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

thanks fo the article! :)

#4 Guest_alisha_*

Guest_alisha_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:55 PM

thanks for sharing :D

#5 gnn

gnn

Triple Platinum

• PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

Thanks for the article...

Hindi na mention pangalan ni Sarah sa article wala ba siya sa concert na yon? :??

#6 FiLiPiNaY

FiLiPiNaY

Hall of Famer

• Content Provider
  • 23,161 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

thanks for sharing kuya C!!!!!!!!!! he sure does compose great songs!!! hehe :D :T ............good luck to the artists performing in May!!!!!!! :yey: :D

#7 Jordan

Jordan

Hall of Famer

• 23,361 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:05 PM

hindi po ba kasama si sarah Jan???thanks po

#8 princess_chiara

princess_chiara

Gold

• 244 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:46 PM

kaya lang ang tataas ng ginagawa niyang songs! di ko mareach! hehe!

#9 rhency

rhency

Certified Popster

• 2,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:19 AM

Thanks for sharing!

#10 ChairC

ChairC

Bungi Fanatic

• Super Admin
  • 13,338 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:33 AM

sorry guys :(( di ko napansin na di pala kasama si boss dito sa event na ito.. :huh: parang mali ano.. i believe that she'll be around if she's in town..

Posted Image

Silver: The Songs of Vehnee Saturno

AMONG local music’s contemporary songwriters, he is one of the best and most successful. His songs include "Be My Lady" (his very first hit), "Forever’s Not Enough," "How Could You Say You Love Me," "From the Start," "Isang Lahi," "Mula sa Puso," "Sana Kahit Minsan," "Simple Lang," "Di Ba’t Ikaw," "Paano Kaya," "Dahil Tanging Ikaw," "Wala na Bang Pag-ibig," and "Till My Heartaches End," popularized by some of the biggest names in the industry.

These songs have made careers, bagged gold, platinum and multi-platinum awards and won honors for the country in singing comOPM classics take centerstage in a special fund-raising concert entitled "Silver…Songs of Vehnee Saturno."

Staged for the benefit of the church renovation and rebuilding project of the Sta. Maria Goretti Parish located within Pope Pius XII Catholic Center in Manila and a celebration, too, of Vehnee’s 25th anniversary in the music industry, "Silver…Songs of Vehnee Saturno" will feature main performers Jay-R, Rachelle Ann Go, Mark Bautista, and Juris Fernandez and Chin Alcantara of MYMP.

Also joining the musical event are guests Jaya, Ella Mae Saison, The Company, and Concert King Martin Nievera (his first big hit "Be My Lady" was composed by Vehnee). "Silver" will also feature special performances by Randy Santiago, Ding-dong Avanzado, Louie Heredia, and Jessa Zaragoza (Vehnee composed her biggest hits "Di Ba’t Ikaw," "Paano Kaya," and "Bakit Pa").

http://www.tempo.com...s.php?aid=22640

#11 Jordan

Jordan

Hall of Famer

• 23,361 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:08 PM

sorry guys :(( di ko napansin na di pala kasama si boss dito sa event na ito.. :huh: parang mali ano.. i believe that she'll be around if she's in town..

Posted Image

Silver: The Songs of Vehnee Saturno

AMONG local music’s contemporary songwriters, he is one of the best and most successful. His songs include "Be My Lady" (his very first hit), "Forever’s Not Enough," "How Could You Say You Love Me," "From the Start," "Isang Lahi," "Mula sa Puso," "Sana Kahit Minsan," "Simple Lang," "Di Ba’t Ikaw," "Paano Kaya," "Dahil Tanging Ikaw," "Wala na Bang Pag-ibig," and "Till My Heartaches End," popularized by some of the biggest names in the industry.

These songs have made careers, bagged gold, platinum and multi-platinum awards and won honors for the country in singing comOPM classics take centerstage in a special fund-raising concert entitled "Silver…Songs of Vehnee Saturno."

Staged for the benefit of the church renovation and rebuilding project of the Sta. Maria Goretti Parish located within Pope Pius XII Catholic Center in Manila and a celebration, too, of Vehnee’s 25th anniversary in the music industry, "Silver…Songs of Vehnee Saturno" will feature main performers Jay-R, Rachelle Ann Go, Mark Bautista, and Juris Fernandez and Chin Alcantara of MYMP.

Also joining the musical event are guests Jaya, Ella Mae Saison, The Company, and Concert King Martin Nievera (his first big hit "Be My Lady" was composed by Vehnee). "Silver" will also feature special performances by Randy Santiago, Ding-dong Avanzado, Louie Heredia, and Jessa Zaragoza (Vehnee composed her biggest hits "Di Ba’t Ikaw," "Paano Kaya," and "Bakit Pa").

http://www.tempo.com...s.php?aid=22640

hindi po kaya surprise guest siya???kasi po hinding pwedeng mawala si prinsesa sarah jan alam naman po natin kung bakit

#12 Jordan

Jordan

Hall of Famer

• 23,361 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:06 PM

Magsasama-sama sina Rachelle Ann Go, Mark Bautista, Jay-R at MYMP (Juris Fernandez at Chin Alcantara) sa tribute concert na Silver… Songs of Vehnee Saturno sa Mayo 26 nang 8:00 PM sa Araneta Coliseum.

Ipagdiriwang dito ang ika-25 taon ni Vehnee sa music industry, at benefit concert din ito para sa renovation ng Sta. Maria Goretti Parish na nasa Pope Pius XII Catholic Center, Manila.

For ticket inquiries, tawagan ang SM Ticketnet sa tel.# 911-5555.

wala talaga si prinsesa sarah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users