5706 replies to this topic

#4741 reese

reese

Graphic Artist

• Graphic Artist
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:07 PM

comments on ASAP:

okay so, if the theme on the showdown isn't love songs, it's just a showdown of their own songs we hear in the radio everyday? i'm not saying that's bad, but c'mon.

i know it's been 2 years since CS (originally Star Showdown) started, and its only natural to run out of things to think of, but maybe they could repeat the themes they did in the beginning. they did love songs for like 5 weeks straight. lol. its not like everyone in the audience really remembers from way back. (of couse i do, since i have them taped, teehee.)

i don't think they would cancel CS because what about kris? that segment was his prize in SFSIAM2. its either that or make him his own segement...which i rarely doubt.

anyways, enough about that hahaha. sarah did great singing a duet by herself. the beginning was weird though, you know those lines like "are you sure it looks right?" coz mark is kinda supposed to answer in the duet hehehe. Sarah looked uber blooming in that number with Kuh. i liked how Zsa(2x) said she's very humble :)

Edited by reese, 12 March 2006 - 09:08 PM.

#4742 outrigger

outrigger

One SG Force

• 15,154 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:49 PM

someone from asap must've read this thread last week. i found the show last sunday actually good (or rather, it improved from the previous ones). :)

anyhow, i missed sarah's numbers with kuh and with jasmine. darn. i really hate it when they insert fanatic in between asap. i'm sorta getting sick of seeing "rock" bands on tv now.

with regards to the lighting, i think that it's really intentional that asap's are dimmer, compared to sop. i guess they just want to create a more intimate atmosphere....

I totally agree with you reese. If it wasn't for Sarah, I would watch SOP every week instead of ASAP. When ASAP is compared to SOP, it is like ASAP is a high school production. I've noticed that GMA just seems to put more money and preperation into all their shows. At this pace, ASAP is going to be left in the dust. Hopefully, Sarah will be able to switch to GMA before that happens or ASAP will finally start putting more effort into their shows.

i'd rather not have sarah transfer back to gma. her move to abs was a big boost in her career, especially in terms of exposure (here and abroad). i think naman that she was given the right shows that helped her grow as an artist.... yun lang nga, asap needs to revive itself ...

#4743 Joe

Joe

12X Platinum

• 3,717 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:18 AM

someone from asap must've read this thread last week. i found the show last sunday actually good (or rather, it improved from the previous ones). :)

anyhow, i missed sarah's numbers with kuh and with jasmine. darn. i really hate it when they insert fanatic in between asap. i'm sorta getting sick of seeing "rock" bands on tv now.

with regards to the lighting, i think that it's really intentional that asap's are dimmer, compared to sop. i guess they just want to create a more intimate atmosphere....

i'd rather not have sarah transfer back to gma. her move to abs was a big boost in her career, especially in terms of exposure (here and abroad). i think naman that she was given the right shows that helped her grow as an artist.... yun lang nga, asap needs to revive itself ...

yep, asap was better last week, just because they had a theme, "bdays!"... and it was a farewell show for jasmine (lets give it to her)...

Id rather have regine v, transfer to abs, than sarah going back to 7. ABS and viva had a long term plan for sarah and I think its working. She wont be the star that she is today if not for ABS. She got well known overseas because of abs.... overall, asap just needs to improve, period

#4744 gracelp

gracelp

Platinum

• Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:37 AM

sarah looked liked a ballerina during the song tribute to kuh ledesma (same dress she wore in siam2_LBS show?),... feeling ko nga medyo nahihiya siya maginteract dahil "english speaking" lahat nakasama niya... good thing gary broke the ice and asked sarah... will wait for that concert with kuh (if it happens).... the word "humble" is now synonymous to sarah,... zsa zsa has mentioned sarah's humbleness dozens of time in asap...

offtopic: pareho naman may ari ng abs and meralco diba?... bakit ayaw sila dagdagan ng ilaw??!!

i missed seeing that part but why would she be shy around them?she can speak english,right?

#4745 Joe

Joe

12X Platinum

• 3,717 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

sarah looked liked a ballerina during the song tribute to kuh ledesma (same dress she wore in siam2_LBS show?),... feeling ko nga medyo nahihiya siya maginteract dahil "english speaking" lahat nakasama niya... good thing gary broke the ice and asked sarah... will wait for that concert with kuh (if it happens).... the word "humble" is now synonymous to sarah,... zsa zsa has mentioned sarah's humbleness dozens of time in asap...

offtopic: pareho naman may ari ng abs and meralco diba?... bakit ayaw sila dagdagan ng ilaw??!!

i missed seeing that part but why would she be shy around them?she can speak english,right?

I have this feeling that she's very conscious speaking in english, in the image mag interview, it was written that she wants to take up either masscom or journalism in college to improve her interaction skills in english. I think she's just shy speaking in english, probably because nahihiya siya kung magkamali siya ng grammar or pronounciation... in other interviews, people ask her in english, and she replies in tagalog... nothing wrong against it, but she's a world traveller and she needs to be very comfortable speaking english...(my opinion)

#4746 gracelp

gracelp

Platinum

• Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:38 AM

@Joe,yup i understand thats why i think sarah's been taking soome English and communication lessons or the proper way to pronounce English..like Regine,she has learbed through time to communicate with ease. =))

#4747 chayina

chayina

Champion

• 87 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:39 AM

I LIKE ASAP THIS SUNDAY BECAUSE I SAW SARAH A LOT OF TIMES, THOUGH IM GETTING TIRED OF THAT BANDA REPUBLIC SEGMENT!! IT'S SO OVERRATED !! SOME OF THE SINGERS THAT THEY PAIRED UP WITH THEM THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE ____ THEY'RE SINGING..IT'S JUST MY OBSERVATION.. I LIKED HOW ZSA-ZSA PRAISED SARAH THAT'S SHE'S VERY HUMBLE AND ALL THAT!! YOU COULD SEE IT IN HER THAT SHE ADORED SARAH!!! I HOPE I COULD SEE MORE OF FRENCHIE IN ASAP...

#4748 Jordan

Jordan

Hall of Famer

• 23,361 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

kadadownload kulang sa CS yong pag kanta ni sarah na IFFS the best talaga ang galing galing wala akung masabi ang ganda ever at ang lakas ng sigawan ng POPSTER :T kasi hindi ko napanood noong sunday black out kami...buti nalang may vidz,,

#4749 baybeeh_kaye

baybeeh_kaye

Hall of Famer

• 24,118 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:02 AM

ng enjoy ako sa asap naman......pero ang boring talaga nag banda republik........hndi ko talaga gusto yong iba bands.......pero ganda talaga ni Sarah......hehe cnt wait 4 sunday epi..... :D :b

#4750 cicima

cicima

Hall of Famer

• 23,374 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:46 PM

Sarah showed them again last Sunday that she's the best.....she sang IFFS beautifully and with gusto.
And she's really getting prettier everyday.

I think, Sarah didn't want to interrupt while Kuh and her daughter were talking that's why, she only spoke when
Gary asked her to say something......the way she carries herself, one will notice that she already has a lot of
self-confidence.....and she knows when to open her mouth and what she's supposed to say.

#4751 roshie

roshie

12X Platinum

• 3,894 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:59 PM

ang SCQ kids pala ay after ng asap..saan ito isisingit? ibig sbihin hanggang 2 na lang ang asap tpos 2-3 ang SCQ tpos your song e 3-4....tpos ang asap may singit pa na fanatic banda republic ...e ano na lang ang matitira s orig na asap?

#4752 Joe

Joe

12X Platinum

• 3,717 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:35 AM

loved asap today... besides the tribute to claudine (who was really stunning btw, and she really looked like following the footsteps of vilma santos)... sarah was simply awesome, in the champs showdown and the tribute to claudine together with aiza, mymp, sam, and who was the other guy???

sarah was phenomenal singing tagalog songs,.... ang galing, wala na kaming masasabi...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users