22 replies to this topic

#13 bemdman

bemdman

11X Platinum

• 3,369 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:32 PM

Sarah Geronimo: No grand debut for her today

http://www.mb.com.ph...6072570043.html

Yes, pop princess Sarah Geronimo turns 18 today, July 25, but sheís not keen on having a lavish and grand coming out party. When every girl looks forward to her debut, with all the trimmings and frills like a huge birthday cake, beautiful gowns, the traditional cotilion, 18 candles and 18 roses, Sarah never wished for these things on her debut.

"Ang gusto ko lang sana an outing with my family, pero lagi namang umuulan ngayon, so kami-kami na lang siguro sa bahay, mas masaya ko ng ganito," she said in her usual giggling manner when she launched her international album entitled "Becoming" last Thursday night at the Crowne Plaza Ballroom C. Simply elegant in a greyish gown by Rajo Laurel, Sarah sang songs from the album, including "Iingatan Ko (Ang Pag-ibig Mo)," and the carrier single "I Still Believe in Loving You." Her album launch also served as an 18th birthday party for her. A beautiful pink birthday cake was prepared for Sarah.

Asked why she did not like to have a grand debut party, Sarah said "Marami naman akong birthday parties eh, kagaya nito, tapos sa ĎASAPí (last Sunday) pa. Tama na po yon. Ayaw ko talaga ng grand debut, kami ng mga kapatid ko, ayaw namin, never kaming na-curious sa debut. Mapapagod lang ako sa pagga-gown. Hehehe." Her motherís birthday gift to her is a Yorkshire terrier worth more than R30,000.

Her birthday wish? "Sana maging successful lalo ang career ko. At sana maging international star din ako," she said wistfully. Her going international will start in Asian countries like Japan, Indonesia and Malaysia where her album "Becoming" will also be released. By the way, in August, Sarah will again go to the US for another concert tour.

Now that sheís 18, will she be permitted by her parents to have a boyfriend already?

"Hindi pa eh. Masyado pa akong bata, although curious din ako kung paano maligawan, pero sa boyfriend, hindi pa. Crushes siguro okay, puppy love, admiration...yon lang."

At her young age, Sarah is considered by many as already a big success, with the success of her albums, of all her full-packed concerts, her TV shows and especially her current one, "Bituing Walang Ningning" which she considers as the biggest challenge in her acting career. "Imagine to do a role na dating ginampanan ni Ms. Sharon Cuneta, napakalaking challenge at karangalan ito sa akin. At makasama the likes of Ms. Zsa Zsa Padilla, wow! Sa mga iyakan scenes namin, they easily could deliver. Ako, it takes a few minutes para mamotivate akong umiyak."

With all her achievements in life, Sarah admirably has remained down-to-earth, unassuming and with her feet on the ground. She has not let her success go to her head, and this perhaps is what endears her to the public, her fans most especially.

Now about her album, "Becoming." It was produced by Carlo Nasi and Christian de Walden, whose name is synonymous with success in Europe and Latin America. In order for him to work his magic touch on Sarahís album, Viva Records flew in de Walden (who even brought in his own equipment) and Italian mixing engineer Luca Vittori. They also assembled a cast of musicians and arrangers from the US, Europe and Manila as back-up.

It is the first time ever that Viva Records has gone all-out, literally sparing no expense just to ensure the success of an album "Becoming" will first be released in Manila, followed by Japan, then the rest of Southeast Asia. There are also plans to release in the US and in some parts of Europe.

"It is another big step for Sarah," says Boss Vic (del Rosario), Sarahís manager and top honcho of Viva Entertainment. According to him, a lot of people will be surprised not just by the technical quality of the album - which is perfectly suited for international release - but by the sound, which is different from anything Sarah has ever done before in her singing career.

"Maraming maninibago sa sound. May birit pa rin, pero mas controlled at mas mature na ang boses niya ngayon," adds Boss Vic.

There are 14 cuts in the album: "I Still Believe in Loving You," "Iingatan Ko (Ang Pag-ibig Mo)," "You Mean the World to Me," "Carry My Love," a Spanish song with the original title "Amor Cobarde," adapted into English by Lori Barth; "After Love," "Baby Blue," "Alaala Mo;" "And Iím In Love Again," "Kaibigan," "Donít You Worry," "Magliliwanag Rin...Muli;" "Is This Love;" "Peace is All We Know," and "So Heartbroken."

The album was recorded and mixed by Vittori at Flamengo Cafť Recording Studios in Los Angeles, Subside Studios in Fiuggi, Italy, and Amerasian Studios in Manila.

Additional engineering was done by George Landress, Fabio Angelini, Walter Cliseen, Tony Peluso and David Bacon, truly giving the album that "international sound."

This is clearly an important album, not just for Sarah but for Viva Records as well, as it takes its first stab at conquering the international market. "If thereís anyone who can do it, itís Sarah," says a Viva insider who has been closely following the young singerís career since she crowned herself champion of "Star for a Night."

Everyone at Viva is optimistic that this is the album that will establish Sarah as a singer to be reckoned with not just in the Philippines, but in other parts of world as well.

And how is the object of all this pressure taking the new challenge facing her?

"Kung ninerbyos po ako sa mga dati kong albums, lalo na ngayon," Sarah said, while still managing to keep that trademark smile on her face. "Iba kasi ito, international album na kaya nakakakaba. But I really did my best here, kaya sana suportahan ng mga tao."

"Becoming," which is sponsored by Zed Phillippines, Jollibee, Skechers USA, Islander, GShock, Video City, Kolin (Definitely Better), Crowne Plaza Galleria, Manila Bulletin and 90.7 Love Radio - will be available in all major record stores nationwide, from Viva Records.

:good: nice write up star. happy birthday sarah :rock:

#14 cicima

cicima

Hall of Famer

• 23,374 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:51 PM

Thanks Star for sharing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS SARAH!!! MAY THE GOOD LORD BLESS AND

KEEP YOU ALWAYS!!! :flowers:

Magiging successful at yayaman talaga si Sarah dahil simple lang siya sa buhay....
hindi maluho tulad ng mga ibang kabataan ngayon na pag nakahawak ng pera, panay
gastos ang alam.

#15 aznanimedude

aznanimedude

Champion

• 63 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:44 AM

ay....congrats to ate, 18 already x] she's sucha nice person...humble for not wanting a grand event, not so stucl up like other celebrities...it's nice to have such a kind and amazingly cool ate like sarah neh?

#16 Torontonian_Fan

Torontonian_Fan

Double Platinum

• PipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:33 PM

Posted Image

Yes, pop princess Sarah Geronimo turns 18 today, July 25, but sheís not keen on having a lavish and grand coming out party. When every girl looks forward to her debut, with all the trimmings and frills like a huge birthday cake, beautiful gowns, the traditional cotilion, 18 candles and 18 roses, Sarah never wished for these things on her debut.

"Ang gusto ko lang sana an outing with my family, pero lagi namang umuulan ngayon, so kami-kami na lang siguro sa bahay, mas masaya ko ng ganito," she said in her usual giggling manner when she launched her international album entitled "Becoming" last Thursday night at the Crowne Plaza Ballroom C. Simply elegant in a greyish gown by Rajo Laurel, Sarah sang songs from the album, including "Iingatan Ko (Ang Pag-ibig Mo)," and the carrier single "I Still Believe in Loving You." Her album launch also served as an 18th birthday party for her. A beautiful pink birthday cake was prepared for Sarah.

Asked why she did not like to have a grand debut party, Sarah said "Marami naman akong birthday parties eh, kagaya nito, tapos sa ĎASAPí (last Sunday) pa. Tama na po yon. Ayaw ko talaga ng grand debut, kami ng mga kapatid ko, ayaw namin, never kaming na-curious sa debut. Mapapagod lang ako sa pagga-gown. Hehehe." Her motherís birthday gift to her is a Yorkshire terrier worth more than R30,000.

Her birthday wish? "Sana maging successful lalo ang career ko. At sana maging international star din ako," she said wistfully. Her going international will start in Asian countries like Japan, Indonesia and Malaysia where her album "Becoming" will also be released. By the way, in August, Sarah will again go to the US for another concert tour.

Now that sheís 18, will she be permitted by her parents to have a boyfriend already?

"Hindi pa eh. Masyado pa akong bata, although curious din ako kung paano maligawan, pero sa boyfriend, hindi pa. Crushes siguro okay, puppy love, admiration...yon lang."

At her young age, Sarah is considered by many as already a big success, with the success of her albums, of all her full-packed concerts, her TV shows and especially her current one, "Bituing Walang Ningning" which she considers as the biggest challenge in her acting career. "Imagine to do a role na dating ginampanan ni Ms. Sharon Cuneta, napakalaking challenge at karangalan ito sa akin. At makasama the likes of Ms. Zsa Zsa Padilla, wow! Sa mga iyakan scenes namin, they easily could deliver. Ako, it takes a few minutes para mamotivate akong umiyak."

With all her achievements in life, Sarah admirably has remained down-to-earth, unassuming and with her feet on the ground. She has not let her success go to her head, and this perhaps is what endears her to the public, her fans most especially.

Now about her album, "Becoming." It was produced by Carlo Nasi and Christian de Walden, whose name is synonymous with success in Europe and Latin America. In order for him to work his magic touch on Sarahís album, Viva Records flew in de Walden (who even brought in his own equipment) and Italian mixing engineer Luca Vittori. They also assembled a cast of musicians and arrangers from the US, Europe and Manila as back-up.

It is the first time ever that Viva Records has gone all-out, literally sparing no expense just to ensure the success of an album "Becoming" will first be released in Manila, followed by Japan, then the rest of Southeast Asia. There are also plans to release in the US and in some parts of Europe.

"It is another big step for Sarah," says Boss Vic (del Rosario), Sarahís manager and top honcho of Viva Entertainment. According to him, a lot of people will be surprised not just by the technical quality of the album - which is perfectly suited for international release - but by the sound, which is different from anything Sarah has ever done before in her singing career.

"Maraming maninibago sa sound. May birit pa rin, pero mas controlled at mas mature na ang boses niya ngayon," adds Boss Vic.

There are 14 cuts in the album: "I Still Believe in Loving You," "Iingatan Ko (Ang Pag-ibig Mo)," "You Mean the World to Me," "Carry My Love," a Spanish song with the original title "Amor Cobarde," adapted into English by Lori Barth; "After Love," "Baby Blue," "Alaala Mo;" "And Iím In Love Again," "Kaibigan," "Donít You Worry," "Magliliwanag Rin...Muli;" "Is This Love;" "Peace is All We Know," and "So Heartbroken."

The album was recorded and mixed by Vittori at Flamengo Cafť Recording Studios in Los Angeles, Subside Studios in Fiuggi, Italy, and Amerasian Studios in Manila.

Additional engineering was done by George Landress, Fabio Angelini, Walter Cliseen, Tony Peluso and David Bacon, truly giving the album that "international sound."

This is clearly an important album, not just for Sarah but for Viva Records as well, as it takes its first stab at conquering the international market. "If thereís anyone who can do it, itís Sarah," says a Viva insider who has been closely following the young singerís career since she crowned herself champion of "Star for a Night."

Everyone at Viva is optimistic that this is the album that will establish Sarah as a singer to be reckoned with not just in the Philippines, but in other parts of world as well.

"Kung ninerbyos po ako sa mga dati kong albums, lalo na ngayon," Sarah said, while still managing to keep that trademark smile on her face. "Iba kasi ito, international album na kaya nakakakaba. But I really did my best here, kaya sana suportahan ng mga tao."

"Becoming," which is sponsored by Zed Phillippines, Jollibee, Skechers USA, Islander, GShock, Video City, Kolin (Definitely Better), Crowne Plaza Galleria, Manila Bulletin and 90.7 Love Radio - will be available in all major record stores nationwide, from Viva Records.

ay grabe talgang ka-simple nang ating princessa hehehehe i wish i could say the same pero i myself wanted the whole shibang for my debut pero didnt happen kse walang pera eh... tight sa budget with me starting university at kabibile ng bahay namin ni mama.. so yon ang party ko lng eh yung surprise party ng church group namin :D masaya rin dont get me wrong... sana lang sana i just stayed simple katulad ni sarah :D

Happy 18th sarah :D dalaga ka na ;)

#17 baybeeh_kaye

baybeeh_kaye

Hall of Famer

• 24,118 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

thanks 4 sharin

#18 chelseabearr

chelseabearr
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:24 PM

[color=#FF99FF]HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!!

ahhh iLOVEyou!!!
[size=7]

#19 argeebee

argeebee
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

Hi po! Nabasa ko po kasi sa Moviestar Magazine na yung Yorkshire Terrier ay binili ni Sarah ng 38,000 as a gift for herself. But I read on this article dat her mother gave it to Sarah as a her bday gift. Hmn alin kaya ang totoo?hehe

#20 life is beautiful

life is beautiful

Hall of Famer

• 14,843 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:13 AM

Posted Image

i love this article! maganda ang pagkakasulat ang ung thought! hehe. thanks kay mr. writer. favorite ko na rin toh! hehe

#21 life is beautiful

life is beautiful

Hall of Famer

• 14,843 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:16 AM

Hi po! Nabasa ko po kasi sa Moviestar Magazine na yung Yorkshire Terrier ay binili ni Sarah ng 38,000 as a gift for herself. But I read on this article dat her mother gave it to Sarah as a her bday gift. Hmn alin kaya ang totoo?hehe

ang pagkakaintindi ko po its from her parents :)

#22 gnn

gnn

Triple Platinum

• PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:13 AM

Quote: ]"With all her achievements in life, Sarah admirably has remained down-to-earth, unassuming and with her feet on the ground. She has not let her success go to her head, and this perhaps is what endears her to the public, her fans most especially."[/</b>[b]color] Unquote.

As in....NO IT IS NOT JUST 'PERHAPS', IT IS THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!

THAT'S REALLY, REALLY & TRULY TRULY...TRRRRUE...!!!

Kaya nga her blessings are just immeasurable...kahit hindi nya hinihingi binibigay pa rin sa kanya ng Maykapal, kasi alam ng Diyos na hindi masasayang...

#23 rhency

rhency

Certified Popster

• 2,310 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:19 AM

Hindi pa rin siya nagbabago, sobrang bait pa rin, kaya naman sobra siyang pinagpapala!

tnx for the article!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users