Contest idea from Cassie

adenoadeno Guardian
edited 12:17PM in Staff Level II
for graphic artistsCassie brought up to me a type of contest that we could run for our many graphic artists on the forum. She suggested providing pictures for the artists (or they could find these pictures themselves), and they would be allowed to create avatars/banners/other types of graphics which people could vote on. This could be a way to encourage members to use the tutorials available here and show the rest of the members what they've learned. She didn't mention prizes, but I'm sure we could accommodate that in some way or other.

Comments, thoughts? smile.gif alt=':)' />

Comments

• ate Gate G Popster
    edited 12:17PM
    Nice idea ton...i'm sure maglabasan mga artists dito sa site...
  • edited 12:17PM
    ahhh, nice idea! why not, chocnut? smile.gif
  • msindependentmsindependent Popster
    coolllll! sige ton!!!

uy chocnut!! hahaha....
    That's a great idea, we could probably setup a contest weekly or monthly. I'm just wondering, are we are going to give prices or rewards?
  • Baby NiqueBaby Nique Kwela Dyaryo Reporter
    Wow! nice.. I guess it's another way din for us to find new graphic artists na ihahanay natin sa ating mga Staffs - graphic artists. :thumbs:

regarding sa prizes natin, i suggest.. a promotion? or we can have it printed and signed by Ate Sarah.. [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif ...by categories? a category for avatars.. for banners/siggies.. etc.[/img]
  • msdimagibamsdimagiba Popster
    yes! very nice idea...

can't wait to vote... hehehe!
    when do we start peeps? [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif kailangan ba natin ng formal mechanics?[/img]
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    sarah_geronimitis_patient wrote on Nov 4 2008, 01:03 PM:
    when do we start peeps? [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif kailangan ba natin ng formal mechanics?[/img]

Still pondering on the mechanics of this actually. How should it be done? Let them find their own pictures to create their works? Cassie also mentioned that removal of watermarks could be part of the skillset required, so they could dig in our gallery for whatever they want. I have to say though, that manually removing watermarks in photoshop is a tedious process and something I hate to do tongue.gif

And regarding awards/prizes: something concrete like a copy of a cd/dvd? I'm almost considering the "winners" be nominated as new SG.COM graphic artists, but not so sure how that would fly. Comments?
  • Baby NiqueBaby Nique Kwela Dyaryo Reporter
    kuya ton.. wave).gif alt=':wave:' ]

concerns
    1. mm, sa prizes po, what if may mga cd na sila or dvd? ..
    suggestion po: paprint na lang natin ung mga
    ginawa nila (if hindi gif images na gumagalaw) ..tapos pasign natin kay ate. [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif 2. pano po natin malalaman kung sila talaga ung gumawa nung iprepresent nila?... hhmm.. 3. .... still thinking...[/img]laugh.gif ..to follow. smile.gif
    adeno wrote on Nov 4 2008, 07:35 PM:
    And regarding awards/prizes: something concrete like a copy of a cd/dvd? I'm almost considering the "winners" be nominated as new SG.COM graphic artists, but not so sure how that would fly. Comments?
    eh kuya ton, baka hindi naman po lahat ng sasali is interested maging staff? biggrin.gif baka matakot pa yung ibang sumali kasi baka manalo sila but they don't wanna hold responsibilities. hehe!
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    sarah_geronimitis_patient wrote on Nov 7 2008, 12:15 PM:
    adeno wrote on Nov 4 2008, 07:35 PM:
    eh kuya ton, baka hindi naman po lahat ng sasali is interested maging staff? biggrin.gif alt=':D' ] baka matakot pa yung ibang sumali kasi baka manalo sila but they don't wanna hold responsibilities. hehe!

Hence my second thoughts on that one as a "reward" tongue.gif
    Members can accept or reject an offer to join staff too.
  • AeolusAeolus Artist
    i wna join
  • ate Gate G Popster
    how are you RJ? Long time no see and hear..hehehehehe...share mo ulit mga designs mo for new Hp..
    RJ, lugi! haha! biggrin.gif alt=':D' ] exempted na kayo ni cassie, pang-amateur lang yung contest. bouncesmile.gif alt=':bs:' ]

btw, what's the masta plan? sleazy.gif

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file