Inactive Staff

adenoadeno Guardian
edited 1:44PM in Staff Level II
Happy 2009 everyone!

Since we seem to have a great deal of inactives in the forum, I figure we should have some sort of policy with regards to being inactive on the site. There appears to be two cases (+ 1 special case) here:

1. MIA (missing in action) aka unknown disappearance - We don't know what's happened with them, with little to no contact whatsoever either online or otherwise.

2. Known absence - We've been informed in some way or other that he/she would be absent for a while. Usually some form of contact online or otherwise which can be through a friend of the absentee.

Special case: The staff lurker - Generally silent, but has been seen logging on sg.com (I've been guilty of this one too tongue.gif alt=':p' />)

Any ideas on what should be the best course of action? With case 1, we could attempt to contact the staff member and try to go from there. Case 2 isn't a problem since we have awareness of their status. The special case, hmmm... I'm not sure on that one. I tend to come and go from time to time but am mostly silent on the forums.

Comments

• msdimagibamsdimagiba Popster
    edited 1:44PM
    adeno wrote on Jan 6 2009, 03:44 AM:
    Special case: The staff lurker - Generally silent, but has been seen logging on sg.com (I've been guilty of this one too tongue.gif)

I plead guilty as far as being quiet is concerned. Lurker as you may call it but it’s just my way of making myself available to anyone who needs my help or assistance. Pardon me if I cannot participate much on the forum topics and activities because I’m at work during most of my login hours and can’t follow through with the discussions and updates. But nonetheless, I’m always ready to be at service when the need arises. Just let me know if you need me… for I am just standing by…

By the way, naniniwala po ako sa kasabihang “kung kaya ng iba…ipagawa mo sa kanila”… hehehehe.. peace yo!
  • edited 1:44PM
    I'm one of the lurkers too and I've been silent but always here on the site. I would agree on Case 1 and contact the appropriate person.
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    edited January 2009
    all of a sudden parang confession thread ito! laugh.gif alt=':lol:' ]

I was more fishing for ideas on how to approach the inactives, not whether or not you were inactive tongue.gif
  • edited 1:44PM
    as for me kuya ton, i think it's better to be a lurker staff than active nga pero nanggugulo naman. laugh.gif
    seriously though, season-season lang yan. pana-panahon kung kelan active and kelan hindi. lahat ata tayo guilty dyan eh. smile.gif
  • Baby NiqueBaby Nique Kwela Dyaryo Reporter
    ehem. ehem (raising my hand) .. LURKER! hihi...
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    hello baby niq! are you going to see sarah in batangas? smile.gif
  • Baby NiqueBaby Nique Kwela Dyaryo Reporter
    edited July 4
    adeno wrote on Jun 11 2009, 04:23 PM:
    hello baby niq! are you going to see sarah in batangas? smile.gif

Hehe.. ^_^ hi kuya ton! ..sorry for the NOT SOOOO late reply. biggrin.gif alt=':D' ] ... miss you

smile.gif
    (haha..di pa din sinagot.. tongue.gif) .. Yep,. TNO Lipa. ^_^

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file