TOS US Part 2 - Nov 2006

Comments

• JoeJoe
    edited November 2006
    louieescobar wrote on Nov 24 2006, 02:33 PM:
    Joe wrote on Nov 24 2006, 01:10 AM:
    Hi Louie! very nice shots! just curious are you a photography hobbyist? If you are, what kind of camera do you use? Judging from the shots you have, minimum would be a DSLR and not a kit lense or a Point and shoot with low light, anti shake capability and a very good optical zoom...

really like your shot of sarah in the white gown..

Thanks Joe. Yup I've used my Nikon D80 DSLR with 70-200mm f/2.8 and 170-500mm...most of the pictures that i took was 100 feet away from the stage. I'm a photographer and a serious hobbyist at the same time. I did this concert photoshoot just for Sarah G. I believe that the event organizer have their own photographer.

You can check my photos at www.louieescobar.smugmug.com

Again thank you for the compliments.

I hope Sarah would have another concert next year in Washington D.C.

OT--

Thanks!... I'm just starting out, got the basic 350D canon with just 2 lens 18-200 sigma, and a tamron 28-75 f2.8..., still trying to save on the 70-200 IS (photography is a pain in the pocket, specially here in the phils hehehe) I see you have very serious gear (drooling), that's why you got those kind of shots, that's one of my "ambition" to take shots of sarah similar to the photos you have, couldnt imagine myself carrying the 170-500! ... salamat sa magandang mga pictures, nice of you to share them here! hope you can keep posting! I'll try to view your site...(went there, all I can say is , wow sa gear mo!, super nakaka takam! -even if i'm a canon user!)

One last question, how did you find sarah as a subject?
  • edited November 2006
    [/quote]Thanks!... I'm just starting out, got the basic 350D canon with just 2 lens 18-200 sigma, and a tamron 28-75 f2.8..., still trying to save on the 70-200 IS (photography is a pain in the pocket, specially here in the phils hehehe) I see you have very serious gear (drooling), that's why you got those kind of shots, that's one of my "ambition" to take shots of sarah similar to the photos you have, couldnt imagine myself carrying the 170-500! ... salamat sa magandang mga pictures, nice of you to share them here! hope you can keep posting! I'll try to view your site!

One last question, how did you find sarah as a subject?
    [/quote]

Last year Sarah had a concert here, it's called "The Champions" and i've heard from friends that she is very nice and a very good singer. Sayang nga that time i only brought a Point and Shoot Digicamera. Then, friends of mine informed me that she's going to have a concert again here in D.C. This time brought my gears and started shooting. I have invited a friend of mine who is also and photographer, mas grabe ang gears nya at mas maganda ang mga pictures na kuha nya. Again thank you for the compliments and i'll still post some pics. So far i've only posted 10 pics of Sarah and i still have a thousand more pics of the concert.

Anyway, if you're really serious about photography, i would like to invite you to join DPP...www.digitalphotographer.com.ph. I myself is a member of this organization and you'll be able to get some tips from the pros.

Thanks again.
  • JoeJoe
    edited November 2006
    Thanks Louie, was able to visit your site, and grabe, makes me drool more!, hahaha...medyo protected pala yung concert ni sarah, hahaha... I've visited the digitalphotographer site and will try to be a member of the forum. pinoyphotography.org/forum is also popular in the phils, that's where I am a member, you might have probably visited that site...

the posters here will surely appreciate 'more' pictures of sarah, most of the photos in the gallery are from P&S cameras, kaya medyo yung iba malabo, good that a serious photographer 'member' has captured sarah's concert vibrant and in excellent quality! If you can share more, i'm sure a lot of those who love sarah will 'love' you too, hahaha
  • lovejoylovejoy Popster
    edited November 2006
    nakita ko po ung mga cameras niyo sa site niyo po! wow! full gear! ready for the battle! (sana wala naman po) hehe..

thousand more pics? Wow! yikes.gif Thanks po in advance!
  • myraluzgmyraluzg Popster
    edited 3:14PM
    Wow Louie! Ang gaganda ng shots mo... thanks for sharing. If you still have some more pa-share ulit...

God bls
  • edited 3:14PM
    Wow.. Thanks for the super nice pics Louie!
  • JoeJoe
    Thanks to Louie for the excellent photos... and he pointed a link where there is a thread of sarah's concert in this link

http://www.digitalphotographer.com.ph/foru...read.php?t=2344

more pictures of sarah in that thread, galeng!
    those are some kick-@$;$ photos!!!

I may not know anything about photography...

but I really appreciate the beauty and clarity of those pix!!!

thank you Louieescobar for sharing
    nice pics. anggaling.gif alt=':astig:' ] thanks 4 sharing. th_GoSG.jpg
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    Thank you for sharing those wonderful high quality pictures louieescobar! 6.gif

I'm also beginning to become a hobbyist in the professional photography world, and that Nikon D80 was actually the first DSLR that I was seriously considering after reading a ton of reviews.

Again, thank you for sharing! smile.gif
  • edited November 2006
    megan, chuvaness, adeno,

Thank you for your appreciation.

Here's another one.....and a thousand more to go rolleyes.gif

112471356-L.jpg
  • ganda!!!!!!
    thank you po!!!!!
    woweee! really great pictures!!! thanks for sharing them! smile.gifanggaling.gif alt=':astig:' ]

i regret getting a point-and-shoot, for a few more bucks, i could've gotten a decent dslr. sad.gif alt=':(' ] siguro pag madalas kong makikita si sarah, i would really get a dslr na. hehehe! pang-everyday use lang kasi yung cam so i opted for portability eh. sad.gif alt=':(' ]

ooops, offtopic.gif hehehe!
  • edited November 2006
    Simply Sarah

112475194-L.jpg
    Sarah Geronimo in Washington D.C. Nov. 11, 2006

112504840-L.jpg
    gosh parang may filter or something ang mga pix

gaganda talaga!!!

thanks again for sharing
    Sarah and Mark Bautista
    Washington D.C. Nov. 11, 2006

112963999-L.jpg
    did anyone take any pics from the Las Vegas concert?? =)
  • edited December 2006
    IMG_2633.jpg
    IMG_2612.jpg
    IMG_2618.jpg
    IMG_2556.jpg
    gretchsarah.jpg
    markgretch_2.jpg

I have more, but I havent had the time to shrink them...theyre so big hehe.
    112964634-L.jpg