Aspiring actress-singer Emmanuelle Vera admits acting opposite idol Sa

abs-cbn.com -Bernie Franco (29Oct10)To the MODS, I don't know if it's okay to include this article here but Sarah was briefly mentioned. Kaya na po ang bahala. Thank you

What sets DJ Lamar apart from other aspiring singer-songwriters?
by Rachelle Siazon | October 31, 2010 11:33 PM | Share this article

Co-managed by Cornerstone Talent Management Center and Star Magic, Dave Jonathan Lamar, or simply DJ, is the younger of the Lamars brothers who was once part of the musical-serye Idol. Born and raised in Sariaya, Quezon, this Fil-American cutie led a sheltered life since both his parents are dedicated missionaries who run their own orphanage. In a recent interview with ABS-CBN.com, DJ further shared that he was really culture-shocked when he first came here in Quezon City to try out his luck in the music scene.

“I didn’t grow up in a rich family kaya the perception of the members of the press that we were born with a silver spoon in our mouth, that’s quite the farthest thing to describe our status in life. I wouldn’t say naman na we're poor, just average. But in our first couple of gigs, wala kaming mgadamit. Kasi back in Lucena puro bigay lang ng lola namin and cousins from the States ang suot namin. We don’t really have a cable TV in the house. we only watch movies. We don’t really watch local or international channels,” said DJ who got discovered while performing in a Christian church in Alabang.

Although he had the chance to live in the States for a few years, DJ stressed that his parents taught them live as simply as possible. This charming 16-year-old also claimed that he only hangs out with wholesome kids who are not really into parties to begin with. “Kaya nga the first time that I entered a bar for a gig, I wasn’t used to the smoke and the environment. Tinawagan ko pa mom ko to say na, ‘Parang ‘di ko kaya gawin ito’. It took a while for me and my brother Micah to get used to it. Since our parents our missionaries, we're together 24/7. We just play with the kids and take care of them as well.”

Once you’ve hear the Lamars perform on stage though, you will realize that they really deserve a break in the music industry. Not only are they talented singers but DJ, specifically, has actually written around fifty original compositions to boot. “When I first submitted songs for MCA Music, they told me to write more songs that fit my age bracket. I am the kind of writer that can draw inspiration from other people’s experiences. I wrote a song called Desperate For Love when I was 16 and it was inspired by the kids from our orphanage. They know about the feelings of anger, disappointment, bitterness pero ‘di nila alam yung love. So parang masyadong serious yung songs ko but now I’ve already made some that I hope would be included in our upcoming album.”

Joining Idol was something DJ did because getting TV exposure will help establish their singing career. But he’s also grateful because it gave him the opportunity to meet his celebrity crush Sarah Geronimo. “She’s the most down-to-earth person I’ve ever met in showbiz. I like the fact that she dresses very simply. It’s different seeing her on TV because she's so much more beautiful in person. And then there was one scene where we were just goofing around off cam. When we went back to work, the director said, ‘Sarah, iyak’ may tumulo na luha agad sa cheek niya. Grabe hindi ko kaya yun. She’s really a very special girl,” he finally stated

[url="http://www.abs-cbn.com/Celebrity/Article/8948/What-sets-DJ-Lamar-apart-from-other-aspiring-singer-songwriters-.aspx"]http://www.abs-cbn.com/Celebrity/Article/8948/What-sets-DJ-Lamar-apart-from-other-aspiring-singer-songwriters-.aspx[/url]

Comments

• edited 2:23AM
    MODS, here is another article that Sarah was also briefly mentioned. Thank you po.

Aspiring actress-singer Emmanuelle Vera admits acting opposite idol Sarah Geronimo was nerve-wracking
    by Bernie Franco | October 29, 2010 7:40 AM | Share this article

Emmanuel Vera made her acting debut via the recently concluded teleserye Idol that starred Sarah Geronimo, Coco Martin, and Sam Milby. Emmanuel portrayed the role of Dianne, the kontrabida who competed with Sarah’s characters, Billie and Jean.

Although a neophyte, the aspiring actress-singer became an effective kontrabida and said that she owes it to character actress Malou de Guzman. “I was scared at first but she would encourage me and tell me this is how you should get diskarte and it really helped me a lot,” she said.

The 15-year-old lass explained that playing a kontrabida was quite difficult, notwithstanding that it was her first acting stint, so she is grateful that their director who never gave up on her. “I couldn’t do it right at ‘yung unang eksena ko po 26 takes pero the director never gave up kahit sobrang pangit ng acting ko. After a while you get comfortable na rin you have to force yourself to break out from your shell.”

She described her acting experience as nerve-wracking because of the fact that Sarah is her biggest idol. “It was crazy, my heart would beat so fast every time we have a scene pero they were so kind they, made us feel na parang magka-level po kami. Hindi po sila celebrities. They tried to make us feel na hindi kami baguhan, that we are friends and I appreciate that it creates a good atmosphere.”

Though it was a short stint, Emmanuelle is still grateful for the acting opportunity and the fact that more people recognize her now. She added that she is now gearing up for the launch of her debut album.

[url="http://www.abs-cbn.com/Celebrity/Article/8924/Aspiring-actress-singer-Emmanuelle-Vera-admits-acting-opposite-idol-Sarah-Geronimo-was-nerve-wracking.aspx"]http://www.abs-cbn.com/Celebrity/Article/8924/Aspiring-actress-singer-Emmanuelle-Vera-admits-acting-opposite-idol-Sarah-Geronimo-was-nerve-wracking.aspx[/url]
  • outriggeroutrigger One SG Force
    edited 2:23AM
    thanks for sharing! smile.gif
    Thanks for sharing!
    ,tnx po for sharin'
    "Sarah, iyak" hehehe yan si 1dol!!

Thanks for sharing!!
    Thanks for sharing!
  • salamat po sa pagbabahagi ng article na ito, nakakataba ng puso na marami ang may crush kay SG totoo naman na napakaganda ni Sarah at napakasimple pa
    Sana lagign ganito kagaganda ang mga articles na lumalabas!!
    Haayy.. napaka-sarap magbasa pagganito [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/SG Picture Picture.png ] Thanks po for sharing[/img]smile.gif
    Thanks for such wonderful article about Sarah... I can't stop smiling while reading this kind of article regarding our Popstar Sarah G..

No doubt tlg ung pgiging versatile and down-to earth person niya.. Kya sobrang dami ng nagmamahal kay Sarah..smile.gif[img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/sarah4ever.gif AshSam:)[/img]
    thanks for sharing mashimaru! spoton.gif

matiyaga talaga ang mga popsters, kahit na mere mention lang ni sarah, walang nakaka-kawala! spoton.gif
    To the MODS, I don't know if it's okay to include this article here but Sarah was briefly mentioned. Kaya na po ang bahala. Thank you

Co-managed by Cornerstone Talent Management Center and Star Magic, Dave Jonathan Lamar, or simply DJ, is the younger of the Lamars brothers who was once part of the musical-serye Idol. Born and raised in Sariaya, Quezon, this Fil-American cutie led a sheltered life since both his parents are dedicated missionaries who run their own orphanage. In a recent interview with ABS-CBN.com, DJ further shared that he was really culture-shocked when he first came here in Quezon City to try out his luck in the music scene.

“I didn’t grow up in a rich family kaya the perception of the members of the press that we were born with a silver spoon in our mouth, that’s quite the farthest thing to describe our status in life. I wouldn’t say naman na we're poor, just average. But in our first couple of gigs, wala kaming mgadamit. Kasi back in Lucena puro bigay lang ng lola namin and cousins from the States ang suot namin. We don’t really have a cable TV in the house. we only watch movies. We don’t really watch local or international channels,” said DJ who got discovered while performing in a Christian church in Alabang.

Although he had the chance to live in the States for a few years, DJ stressed that his parents taught them live as simply as possible. This charming 16-year-old also claimed that he only hangs out with wholesome kids who are not really into parties to begin with. “Kaya nga the first time that I entered a bar for a gig, I wasn’t used to the smoke and the environment. Tinawagan ko pa mom ko to say na, ‘Parang ‘di ko kaya gawin ito’. It took a while for me and my brother Micah to get used to it. Since our parents our missionaries, we're together 24/7. We just play with the kids and take care of them as well.”

Once you’ve hear the Lamars perform on stage though, you will realize that they really deserve a break in the music industry. Not only are they talented singers but DJ, specifically, has actually written around fifty original compositions to boot. “When I first submitted songs for MCA Music, they told me to write more songs that fit my age bracket. I am the kind of writer that can draw inspiration from other people’s experiences. I wrote a song called Desperate For Love when I was 16 and it was inspired by the kids from our orphanage. They know about the feelings of anger, disappointment, bitterness pero ‘di nila alam yung love. So parang masyadong serious yung songs ko but now I’ve already made some that I hope would be included in our upcoming album.”

Joining Idol was something DJ did because getting TV exposure will help establish their singing career. But he’s also grateful because it gave him the opportunity to meet his celebrity crush Sarah Geronimo. “She’s the most down-to-earth person I’ve ever met in showbiz. I like the fact that she dresses very simply. It’s different seeing her on TV because she's so much more beautiful in person. And then there was one scene where we were just goofing around off cam. When we went back to work, the director said, ‘Sarah, iyak’ may tumulo na luha agad sa cheek niya. Grabe hindi ko kaya yun. She’s really a very special girl,” he finally stated

[url="http://www.abs-cbn.com/Celebrity/Article/8948/What-sets-DJ-Lamar-apart-from-other-aspiring-singer-songwriters-.aspx"]http://www.abs-cbn.com/Celebrity/Article/8948/What-sets-DJ-Lamar-apart-from-other-aspiring-singer-songwriters-.aspx[/url]
    tnx po for sharing
    peacecirclesmaller.gif
    [color="#008000"][size="3"]tnx for sharing![/size][/color]
    To the MODS, I don't know if it's okay to include this article here but Sarah was briefly mentioned. Kaya na po ang bahala. Thank you

[color="#FF00FF"]
    totoo yun... 34.jpg alt=':34sgDimple2:' ] very special girl naman talaga SG... 56.jpg alt=':56sgAminin:' ] 48.jpg alt=':48sgBungi4:' ] nag iisa lang yan...[/color] [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/SCQ Flowers2.png[/img] alt=':SCQ Flowers2:' ] [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/SCQ Flowers1.png ][/img][img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/SCQ Flowers1.png ][/img]