Sarah's Simple Joys - Manila standard - Feb.8,2012

edited February 2012 in News and Articles
Sarah's simple joys

Manila StandardToday
February 8, 2012

by Dinna Chan Vasquez

Sarah Geronimo is one of the most well put-together young celebrities. This is not a girl who'd wear a ratty T-shirt, faded jeans and flip flops in public. Sarah would never be spotted with unkempt hair and nails. She is always perfectly groomed and dressed appropriately for her age and the occasion.

"I have become more conscious about my appearance," Sarah admits. "I really make an effort to look presentable. I owe it to myself and my fans."

But her fans, who love Sarah for her simplicity, need not fear that Sarah has turned into a girl who's more concerned about vanity than the things that really matter. Her beauty regimen remains simple (just powder and lip gloss when she's not working). She hasn't turned into a shopaholic yet.

"I am a practical and thrifty person," she reveals during the media event where her new commercial for Jollibee Chickenjoy was launched.

More than anything or anyone else, Sarah loves her family and treasures moments spent with them. One of the best vacations in Sarah's life is one spent with her mother Divine in Paris where the singer's Ate Shine is training to be a pastry chef.

"I loved it there," says Sarah, who had "touristy" pictures taken in front of the Eiffel Tower and other Paris landmarks.

Sarah also loves spending time with her fans, who are collectively known as the Popsters. She even showed members of the press photos of gifts from the Popsters. The gifts include flowers, stuffed toys and food. If you want to know what Sarah's favorite gift from her fans is, it's food.

"My fondest memories with the Pospsters are our get-togethers during specials occasions like my birthday and during the holidays.

One of my resolutions this year is to make more time in my schedule for these get-togethers. We don't need a special occasion to meet up," she narrates in Filipino.

Of course, Sarah also treasures singing and perfoming and considers her concert tour with Martin Nievera one of the best things that happened to her in 2011.

Sarah is particlarly excited about her new commercial for Jollibee. She has done over 10 commercials for the food brand but this is her first for Chickenjoy.

"I love Chickenjoy. I've loved it since I was a child," says Sarah.

Jollibee has announced that from P73, the one-piece Chickenjoy solo meal is not only P69. The price of Chickenjoy value meal with regular drink has also been made ven more affordable from P89 to P79.

"We're implementing a price rollback as a way of giving back to our loyal customers for their continued patronage of the all-time favorite Chickenjoy. And we are delighted to have Sarah geronimo personally break the good news to all our guests," says Albert Cuadrante, Jollibee vice president for marketing.

"Jollibee is a part of our lives and Chickenjoy is an iconic Jollibee product," says Kaye Segismundo, Jollibee brand manager.

http://www.manilasta...2012/february/8

Comments